Chapter Twenty-Two

Okay first things first, sorry that it is short. I was writing my college essay and I wanted to update Abused. 

Secondly, this chapter mainly focuses on the fear Kendall has about her mother coming and getting her. 

Third, yes Asher is in this chapter. 

Fourth, would you guys prefer her with Asher or with Logan? Or would you rather her not a have a boyfriend at all? Let me know! I would love to hear some feedback from you guys! 

Alright well enjoy this short chapter and I promise that the next chapter will be longer, no worries guys. It will make up for this chapter and last chapter. 

Vote/Comment, also sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes I didn't proofread. 

ENJOY 

Nikki xx 

___________________________________________________________________________

 I was running. I was afraid for my life. I was about to die. She found me. I can’t believe she got out. What am I going to do? Where am I going? She’s chasing after me. Don’t trip. Don’t trip. Please god, help me.

“Stop your running you little bitch!” she yelled but I kept running.

My breathing was uneven. I was crying. My sides were killing me and my legs felt as if they were about to give out. If I stopped now she would get me and I would die. My foot hit something and I was falling. Fuck I was falling, oh god, no this can’t be happening. Why me? What did I do to deserve this? Before I knew it I had fallen face first on the pavement.

“I’ve got you now, you stupid little bitch.” My mother was now hovering over me.

“Why? Why are you doing this?” I rolled over on my back to look up at her.

“You killed my son! It was your entire fault!” she shouted before she bent down and started beating me.

_______________________________________________________________________   

I woke up screaming and sweating. I held my hand over my heart, it was pounding. My breathing was uneven and my head was spinning. It was just a dream I repeated to myself over and over again. When I was finally calm I decided to curl back under my comforter and try to get some more sleep. I looked over at my alarm clock and it was five in the morning.

   I rolled over on my side and screamed. There was somebody lying next to me. My heart began to race again. What happened last night? I know for a fact that I did not get drunk. The last thing I remember is crying my eyes out to Asher and telling him everything.

  The person rolled over and put their hand over my mouth.

“Shush, I’m sleeping.” The male voice said.

“Asher?” It sounded like him but I was unsure.

“Yeah?” he opened his eyes and looked at me, “Are you okay?”

He looked worried and it was cute. I felt bad for making him worry but it was an accident.

“Yeah, I had a bad dream and then you kind of scared me. I forgot that I had asked you to stay the night.” I gave him a reassuring smile.

“Come here.” He said and opened his arms to me.

I scooted closer to him and snuggled into his arms.

“Everything’s going to be fine,” he said stroking my arm, “Nobody is going to hurt you, I promise.”

I nodded and smiled into his chest. I couldn’t believe how cute and comforting he was being towards me. I know I’ve only been in town for a week but I liked this side of Asher.

“Asher, thank you for being here.” I said closing my eyes and drifting back to sleep.

“Any time.” Was all I heard before my eyes shut and I was in a deep sleep once again.

  “What are you doing?” I laughed as I was sitting on the edge of the cliff.

__________________________________________________________________________

The sparkling blue water below me looked warm and inviting. I wanted to just dive on in and relax. I looked behind me to see Asher standing a good ten feet away. He was goofing off and I was confused.

  “Just wait.” Was all he said before he took off running.

“Asher !” I yelled as he dove into the ocean.

I stood up and looked down in the water for him but I couldn’t see him. I was starting to get worried that he had hit a rock or something. I was about to climb down the cliff to the water to search for him when his head appeared.

“Don’t you ever do that again!” I shouted at him.

All I could hear was his laughter and see his beautiful smile before the sky went dark. It went from this gorgeous day to a gloomy one. I was concerned because the waves in the ocean started to pick up and when I looked back at Asher, he was gone. Instead of Asher it was my mom. She started to climb up the cliff.

She couldn’t possibly climb all the way up here. There was no way. So I stood where I was in horror, just watching her climb. Before I knew it she was standing in front of me. I tried to get away but she grabbed me and threw me on the ground. I started kicking and screaming trying to get up.

“Asher! Asher where are you?” I started yelling.

“Asher’s not here anymore.” Is all my mother said before she started beating me.

___________________________________________________________________________

My legs were flailing everywhere. I was struggling. Arms had gone around my shoulders and they were shaking me. Oh god, my mom is here she’s going to kill me. I started to scream and clenched my eyes shut.

“Kendall, wake up!” Wait, that’s not my moms voice.

I opened my eyes and found Asher looking down at me with worried written across his face. Relieve had washed over me as I realized he wasn’t my mom. I threw my arms around him and buried my face in his neck. Before I could stop it the tears started to fall down my face.

“I had another nightmare. Please, don’t leave my side. I’m so scared.” I cried into the crook of his neck.

“I won’t ever leave you.”