Chapter Thirty-Three

Whooo another update haha. This should hold you guys for a couple more days while I finish exams and what not, Enjoy!!! 

Vote/Comment

______________________________________________________

I closed my bedroom door and sat down on my bed. The last time I was in my room alone with Asher was when he spent the night with me and we had a very intimate moment the following morning. I was a little nervous to be alone with Asher after that very intimate kiss that we shared this morning when I got home. I know it may sound cheesy and we’ve only known each other for about two months or so but I felt safe when I was around him.

When I was around Asher the butterflies in my stomach went crazy and I couldn’t control them. A smile always threatened to form, my cheeks grew red and my heart started beating uncontrollably. Whenever he smiled at me my heart lost it and skipped a beat.

“What are you thinking about?” Asher asked as he hopped up on my bed.

“Just how glad I am to be home and to be safe. I was so scared when I was away; I literally thought I was going to die.” As I started to say this a tear rolled down my face.

“Hey, hey don’t cry!” Asher said as he wrapped his arms around me.

He wiped the single tear that escaped my eye away. He pulled me closer to him as more tears started to escape. I was so thankful to have him in my life.

“When I woke up, after I was kidnapped, I had no idea where I was. I was on the cold floor and it was hard and dark. I couldn’t see anything in front of me.” I said, “The first thing that crossed through my mind was that I was going to die. Then someone walked into the room and it was my mother. She started screaming at me and it took me back to when she would hit me. Then, I felt something pierce my skin. It was cold and warm at the same time and then she twisted it and my insides got extremely hot. And I-I-“

I couldn’t even finish my sentence as the tears took over and the sobs racked my body. Recalling the events that took place on that terrible night was just something that I couldn’t talk about yet. It was too painful and I couldn’t talk about it. Whenever I recalled the night I could still feel the knife going into my body. I could feel the coldness and the hotness my insides felt.

“Hey, listen you don’t have to talk about this right now. I understand that it’s painful for you to talk about.” Asher said as he wiped tears away from my face, “Whenever you’re ready to talk about this, that’s when we’ll talk.”

I was thankful that he understood that I didn’t want to talk about it. I lay in his arms crying for the rest of the night. I couldn’t remember what time it was that I fell asleep but I fell asleep in Asher’s arms with a warm feeling in my stomach.

-----

I woke up the next morning to the sun shining through my windows and a warm body pressed against me. I looked over my shoulder to find Asher lying next to me. He looked so peaceful lying there with the sun shining on his tan skin and his blond hair. I don’t think I’ve ever lain next to someone who was this gorgeous.

As I was admiring his beauty there was a shift in the bed. Asher had started to move and what I hadn’t realized was that his arm became tighter around me and once he rolled over he had pulled me on top of him.

“Good morning” he said opening his gorgeous blue eyes.

“Good morning” I said with a smile on my face.

He lifted his face and pressed his lips to mine, just for a quick second. If I woke up like this every morning there is no way that I would ever want to leave my bed.

“Why can’t I wake up like this every morning?” Asher said as though he could read my mind.

I shrugged my shoulders and let my smile spread wider than it already was. I looked into Asher’s eyes and all of the playfulness escaped them. I couldn’t tell what he was thinking but whatever it was I was kind of afraid to find out.

“Listen, when you went missing for those three days I lost my mind. I was so scared that I would never see you again. Especially since you were kidnapped by your mother and the fact that she was an abusive mother in the first place, I was scared what she might’ve down to you.” Asher’s eyes started to water, “I couldn’t think about you being dead after only knowing you for such a short time and in that short time I fell for you. If you had never come back to me I would’ve been devastated. I wanted a chance with you, to prove to you that I deserved you and that you knew how much I have grown to care about you in this short amount of time that we’ve known each other.”

Tears started to escape my eyes. I couldn’t believe what he was telling me. I wanted to tell him that his face was the last one that I saw when I passed from after being stabbed. I wanted him to know that I couldn’t stop thinking about him while I was away from him but the words wouldn’t come out. All I could do was let the tears fall down my face.

Just as soon as I was about to say something there was a soft knock at my door. I looked up and saw my father open the door.

“Hey Ken, whenever you get a chance your brother and I need to talk to you,” my dad said. “It’s important. It’s about your mom and well we can discuss it as a family.”

“Sure dad, I’ll just take a shower and meet you guys in the living room.” I said.

“Well we need to go to the police department.” My dad stated

“Why?” did they find my mom? Are they locking her away?

“Well the cops just need to ask you a few questions about what happened when you were kidnapped….”

I swallowed the lump in my throat. I could barely tell Asher what had happened to me, how was I expected to tell the police what had happened?