Chapter Twelve

Okay so this chapter isn't really that exciting but i wanted to update. I hope you guys enjoy it anyway and i am really happy that this book as OVER a thousand reads!!! I am so happy about that and I am hoping to get over two thousand maybe even three by the end of the month. My birthday is in 13 days!! AHHH I'm so excited. haha i'll be 18! whoop whoop but again I will be busy because of college applications and my normal school work. 

Well again I hoe you guys enjoy this chapter! Let me know what you think. It only takes a few seconds to vote so please, please please vote! (: 

(sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes) 

_______________________________________________________________________________

I walked Indiana back over to Liam’s house. I was sad to say goodbye. I bent down and pet him behind his ears.

“I’ll see you again soon, I promise.” I said to him as I kissed his forehead.

I stood up and looked at Liam. Damn he was gorgeous. I fought back the tears that wanted to fall but I thought that it’d be weird if Liam saw me cry after just meeting me.

“Okay, well I guess I’ll be seeing you around.” I smiled and started to walk away but I felt a hand go around my wrist.

“Do you need a ride tomorrow?” I looked at him with a confused look. Where were we going?

He just chuckled and then said, “Tomorrows the first day of school. You are planning on showing up right?”

I mentally slapped myself in the face. After everything that’s happened today I completely forgot about school starting up. Senior year, the big year, can’t wait for it to be over.

“I have my own truck I can drive myself.” I said trying not to sound as bitchy as I did.

“But do you know how to get to the school?” he questioned me. I was confused as to why he was being so sweet.

“Oh, no I don’t.” I looked down at the down at my feet feeling a little embarrassed.

“Be ready by 6:50” he said and then walked into his house before I could protest.

I walked back to my house with a smile on my face. A gorgeous boy, whom I just met, is giving me a ride to my first day of school tomorrow. He was being so sweet and kind. He probably just pitied me. I’m sure that everybody here saw the court case against my mom or at least heard of it. Whatever, I’m not going to let that bug me. My mom is in my past and this town is my future.

When I walked into the house my dad was standing there with his lawyer. I was a little taken back by why he was here until I remembered the phone call that I received earlier.

“Uhm hey, what’s going on?” I questioned as they got up from the couch and looked at me.

“Kendall I’m here to talk to you about your mother. I know that court case was yesterday but your dad told me about the phone call.” My dad’s lawyer said, I think his name was Thomas but I never paid much attention to it.

“Can we not talk about that now? It’s been a long emotional day and I’d like to relax and get ready for my first day of school tomorrow.” I started to make my way towards the stairs before I was stopped.

“Your mom might get released for good behavior in nine months.” The words hit me like a slap to the face.

Why would she get out for good behavior? She’s a terrible human being and should be locked up for the rest of her life. Not to mention I was terrified that she’d find me and hurt me.

“No, no she can’t!” I practically screamed but Thomas wasn’t listening.

“Unfortunately she might be able to.” I sank down against the wall and the tears just started rolling.

It was only one in the afternoon and it had already been a stressful and emotional day. I couldn’t handle this.

“Will you excuse me for a second?” I asked getting up from the floor and going to my room.

I wanted to be anywhere but in this house. I threw off my clothes and rummaged through the boxes looking for my bikini. I found my yellow polka dot top and put it on and found a pair of matching bottoms.

Quickly, I threw on a pair of my booty shorts and a tank top. I walked back down the stairs and my dad and Thomas stared at me. I quickly put my hair up in a ponytail and stared back at them.

“I’m going to the beach. I need some time to think about all of this.” I started walking towards the backdoor and grabbed my flip flops.

“Kendall we have to talk about this now, it’s a pressing issue.” My dad said trying to plead with me.

Sighing I looked at the ground, “I don’t want to talk about this right now. It’s too much for me to handle.”

I walked out the door before they had a chance to argue with me. I ran down the hill towards the beach and ended up tripping over a sand dune.

I was laying there not willing to get up as the tears started to come down again. I wasn’t crying because I fell, I was crying because of the emotional stress today has been.

“Hey are you okay?” I saw a pair of feet right next to my head.