Chapter 42

"AAAAHHHHH!"

The scream that shattered everything. White miasma that had once formed began to turn into an ugly shade of purple. The shadow that had been entangled in Alistair simply laughed, " Well it seems I'll be on my way. Do enjoy the parade."

Alexander in anger ran to it, before slicing it in half with his knife. However, it was all in vein as the shadow simply reattached itself, its black wisp cupping his pale cheeks. " My my, if it isn't the one and only lord. How wonderful for us to meet, its a shame I'll have to leave. " and with that it vanished in thin air, leaving a slightly shaken Alexander.

Alexander would have stayed there in a state of anger and shock but there were other things to deal with.

"His losing control of his miasma!" shouted Kevin as he shielded himself from another outburst of black miasma. 

Oliver, entangled in the roses. Continued screaming, the sclera turning black and iris, red. Tears of blood streamed down his cheeks as it soaked through his clothes. 

"We need to knock some sense into him!" exclaimed Reius as he took cover behind his shield.

"But how?!" was the question they all thought

(In Oliver's mind)

In a place unknown. Laying in a snowy field was Oliver. His once blue and sparkling eyes were empty and devoid of life. Snowflakes fell as they topped his body.

"Are you seriously going to go about moaning."

Shaking him out of his stupor was a voice, he found nostalgic. 

Right in front of Oliver was him but with a colder gaze. Staring down at Oliver, a scowl formed on Sebel's face. " Get your face out of the snow, you idiot."

Pushing himself up, weakly. Oliver took a good look at Sebel. Strangely, he found it nostalgic.

Squatting down, Sebel let a smirk escape.  Brushing the snow off him, the eyes of his seemed to have soften.

"Even though, you've forgotten, you still remember this place." said Sebel softly as he admired the scenery for a bit. Not that there was much to admire.

"What are you talking about?" asked Oliver, "Where even is this place?"

'Ah, big bro seriously sealed it real deep huh.' thought Sebel as he crossed his arms. " I suppose it's time to tell you of us. "

Seating cross legged on the snow, Sebel recounted the tale, 

" This place is just a fortress your mind has built after you went berserk. Right now, your friends are fighting against trying to bring you back. The only thing that complicate things, well let's start from the very start shall we....

A long time ago, in the red light districts of Koun lived a woman. The lady was pregnant, you see, she had  made a stupid promise with a client of hers, stating that if she were pregnant with his child he would agree to marry her. Then on the fifth day of the eleventh month, she gave birth to two healthy baby boys.."

"Us..?" 

Sebel nodded his head, " Ya. She then went back to that client of hers only to be rejected. That wasn't the only thing that was rejected though, the brothel she stayed with, it seemed were very strict with rules and she was kicked out, forced to live in the outskirts. In her despair, she blamed us for everything that happened and that was how we lived....

As the years passed, so did the hate. Whenever, we got on her nerves she would beat us senseless. Each time a client came, we would get tossed out into the snow. Sometimes, she would even forget us, letting us stay in the snow for hours, nights, days...it was a little more difficult for you. You, were the weaker of the two, getting sick almost every season to the point that you were the one in the worse condition. 

Despite that, there were happy moments. "  Playing around in the snow, he formed a snow bunny. A sudden wave of pain hit Oliver, the image of it accompanied with the story was suddenly bringing something back in him

"Thats not the end. When we were ten, Alistair joined us in our lives."

The confusion in Oliver's eyes were obvious, Sebel sighed, " Alistair was on some field work assigned by the church. He had stopped by our village to rest and as he took a walk around the area, he met us in the snowy winter. Huddled by fences and covered with a simple straw blanket. Taking pity on us, he spent some time playing with us. Showing some spells, here and there. Eventually, he grew to love us but happy times will always be short lived. One cold day, mother in a fit of anger, finally lost her mind and she murdered you."

Oliver was shocked, but something in him suddenly felt heavier as if all these were bringing about something in him. Suddenly, he felt something wet roll down his cheek. Sebel seeing his brother crying, pulled him in for a hug. Gently, he patted his back before continuing the story, 

" I wasn't there for you at the time. You were ill so I went out to the forest to get some herbs and when I returned, you were already on the brink of death. In my fury, I ended up killing her. Afterwards, I quickly took you to Alistair for help but by then it was almost futile. We eventually found a spell but Alistair was hesitant till the end to do it but I insisted. The spell was one that would save your life at the cost of mine so in a way to preserve me, he placed my consciousness in you."

When Sebel finished the story, Oliver finally remembered it all. The years of pain and suffering, it was too much...all of sudden. He had spent years living happy days without his memories but now....? just what was he supposed to do?

Sebel closed his eyes for a moment, a headache coming right in but he simply let it go. " I know its hard to accept after losing years of pain but you've got to wake up.  Your friends are in danger and frankly, I want to see you smile again even if I can't see it right now."

Oliver was still in shocked but pulled himself off his brother, still crying but as he realised what had happened he smiled at his brother, " You're right. Thank you, big brother . I hope that one day we can see each other again." 

Sebel pursed his lips before smiling as well, their surroundings shattering away like glass as they gave each other their last good byes. Promising to see each other again soon.