Chapter 9

" WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!"

Being greeted with a scream was not what I needed at all.

" what happened?" I asked wearily. Kevin's eye twitched as he took a deep breath, " well from what I heard, you did something to one of the princess's who complained to her mother and now the Queen wants to see you."

Great, Queen Arabella wants to see me. She's going to humiliate me. 

I look into the night sky, this was going to be a long day.

The next day, I switched my clothes to one more appropriate for a greeting with the harem.  The harem was very similar to that of the ancient chinese, the meeting place was the lotus pavilion, a large building surrounded by a body of water, connected by 4 bridges linking it to all parts of the palace.

Sitting before me were all the ladies of the court and their handmaidens, Kneeling down on the ground I bow my head.

" Greetings to the harem."

From the corner of my eyes, I saw some nodding in greeting, others stare at me in disdain.

" You may rise."

Slowly, I looked up to see the face of the queen. Her face elegant and dare i say, Malicious.  Her hands move to take a cup of tea, " I heard that you got into a fight."

"Yes."

The next thing I knew I was being splashed with the tea.

" You still there to admit it!"

Drenched, I clutched my hand hard. 

Damn this woman

clenching my teeth, " what I did was not my fault to begin with. The princess had started it." I said, plain and simple. Only to get a slap in the face so powerful that it caused me to fall.

" YOU STILL THERE TO TALK BACK, YOU UNGRATEFUL *****!"

" If you don't believe me ask the witnesses or the princess herself."

Actually the princess won't help at all, she will deny it. Not long afterwards, the princess entered. She didn't look at all like yesterday, she was still the same but maybe she looked like, a victim.

" Princess Demetria, please tell us the events of what happened yesterday." asked one of the senior maidens.

whimpering, " I had decided to give Princess Eira a present, however the present had been replaced and the princess....she....tried to attack me!" cried Demetria as she played victim.

I was flabbergasted.  She was the one who sent me that stupid snake.

" My poor dear..." said queen Arabella as she hugged the 'poor' Demetria, " You still there to say that you were the victim, apologise immediately!" shouted the Queen.

" I have nothing to deny, what I said was the truth."

Anger filled the queen's face as she stood up, slapping me in the face.

" HOW THERE YOU?!" Turning her head, " TAKE HER TO THE COURTYARD, TO GET ANY SENSE INTO HER, SHE MUST HAVE A HUNDRED BEATINGS."

With that, a pair of arms dragged me away to the courtyard, I couldn't help but laugh silently, this witch just wanted me to suffer.  As I was dragged away, I could feel blood leak from the spot where she had slapped me.

( Alexander POV)

I had been training hard during my extended stay. Things have been more boring than ever. Sitting the sword down, I take in a deep breath. 

" Let us go explore, Alfred." I order as I grabbed my red cloak.

As we walked around, something caught my eye. It was Kevin, he was running towards us.

" Your highness! You've got to help!" 

stopping in our steps, we direct our attention to him.

" what's going on?"

" William. He...his being punished."

" what?!"

( Switch back to Lukas)

Ropes were tied around my hands as it was attached to the ceiling. Evil-looking handmaidens had wooden sticks ready.

" Apologise to the princess and you will be free."

I Look at Queen witchy defiantly, " what I said will not be taken back."

Her face contorted in fury, " Begin the punishment!"

Pain enveloped my body immediately when the sticks made their contact with my back.

I clench my teeth as I endured the pain.

what had been minutes felt like hours as the beatings continued.

Slowly, I felt my sight blurred, for some reason I could have sworn I saw three familiar figures walking my way.

when I thought, I would finally pass out for the thirtieth beating, I closed my eyes tight prepared for the incoming pain when...

Nothing?

" I don't think you should continue anymore."