(interlude) Chapter 26

(A/N Koun family titles for each royal is really messed up. Although I wrote that Hye gong was the 3rd Prince, he is actually not since deaths of many royals have caused the family tree in the royal family to be inaccurate. So more accurately, he is currently 4th in line, ignoring the women and dead)

Hye gong Koun, 4th in Line to the throne and member of the main Koun house, overlooked the sight of the prosperous Qī gè qiūtiān dì gǎngkǒu ( port of seven autumns). The port well known for its high value within the market and a popular entrepôt for traders from many different backgrounds.

"Your excellency, are you alright?" asked Tadao as he tucked his sachet away. He was actually quite anxious, knowing full well what would be expected the moment they made contact with any royal family member.

Sliding his fan opened, Hye gong nodded. " Do not worry, Tadao. I am just excited to return home."

'Ya right! As if I'll believe that lie!' , thought Tadao as he sweat dropped.

As they walked down the dock and into the bustling trade centre, they visibly heard a familiar voice calling out to them, " BIG BROTHER, HYE GONG!"

oh boy....

In the span of a second, Hye gong was hugged from the side by a white haired figure. A man with violet hair cut into a bob that framed his face ran forward. His fringe covered part of his ice blue eyes. He was very pale with slight pointed ears, and wore two plates of armour over his shoulder. Under them, was a black suit with gold embroidery, a cravat was tied by the neckline. He wore a pair of high heeled boots and held a sword by his side

Compared to the ordinary outfit of Koun, the stranger was an odd fellow. Wearing attire that would be commonly seen in the west.

"Master Ming Yao, please remove yourself from Prince Hye gong!" exclaimed the violet haired man in exasperation as he removed his master from Hye gong.

The man, known as Ming Yao had long white hair that framed his face, tucked behind a pair of fish fins that seemed to substitute for ears. Rouge lined his light blue eyes as he smiled. A mole could be seen under his left eye. His clothes, a simple blue hanfu with white accents and gold embroidery. A choker with a blue orb was secured on his neck and his fins were pierced with a pair of dangling earrings.

He gave an air of elegance.

"Sorry, sorry! Geez, Azuma don't be such a kill joy, no wonder women say you're such a bore despite looking like a doll., " Turning to face Hye gong, "It's just that you haven't been around in months and the house is boring without you.' Sliding his own fan opened, hiding the lower half of his face, " Besides a-er's health....."

No other words were exchanged as Hye gong hurriedly flagged a rickshaw, with the rest following behind.

(Timeskip)

Paying the respective rickshaw pullers, as the two aides looked almost warily at their masters. Sighing, they ran after them up the stairs of Haru no kyūden ( palace of spring).

Haru no kyūden, home to the 4th prince and his family. It was a beautiful palace, with its unique shade of blue and gables atop its roofs. A variety of flora were planted in and out of the palace, taking pride in its name as a palace of spring time. It had familiarity of a shogun's palace.

The guards standing by the main door were shocked at the sight of their master and a prince but quickly hid it, shouting at the top of their lungs, " HIS EXCELLENCIES, PRINCE HYE GONG AND PRINCE MING YAO!"

Hye gong in a rush quickly walked over to a room at the end of the hallway. Sliding open the shoji doors in such a rush, it startled the servants stationed nearby.