Chapter 2

All I could feel was the warmth as I lay on something soft.

Wait a second I'm not dead?

Slowly, I open my eyes and sit up. Looking around the first thing that I realised was that I was in a expensive looking room.

" Looks like you're finally awake." I turn to see Kevin sitting on a chair, reading a book.

Closing the book, he walks towards me and drags me out of the bed." Listen here." He says softly " I don't know what you're up to but you better not try anything. "

I say nothing. I mean he has every right to act this way. In the novel, he was also like this towards William because he saw him as an enemy of the empress dowager not that he wasn't wrong about it though.

" now then" Kevin walks towards a wooden box, I suddenly feel worried. " lets begin training shall we." He said as he opens the box. 

I know I'm supposed to know the story  but my brain went blank. 

Cutting the story short, I suffered. Hair pulling, corset pulling those are the WORSE. Even worse, is that I'm not even supposed to be the one being here.

 It should be WILLIAM.

DAMN YOU GOD!

I SWEAR I WOULD TRADE ANYTHING TO BE AWAY FROM THE HELL THAT WAS HERE. 

However, the end product was a miracle. Kevin had miraculously turn William( me) into a girl. Everything from my head to toe. A long black wig had been placed on my head, styled neatly and held together by a red headband.

" wow...." 

" yes. In terms of appearance you will have no problem however the real test is about to start." said Kevin as I gulped. 

For the next two days, I had been the victim of a trip to 'hell'. Kevin was a strict teacher, one mistake would cause me to have an extended hour and no snacks. I was honestly surprised, Kevin in the novel was a former assassin ( don't ask how he even got the job. The fandom is still trying to figure out)  but then again, he did train the original William and since he was able to fool everyone, it's not exactly something to surprise about.

Laying on the bed, I sighed. 

Thinking about it, tonight  was the fifteenth birthday for Eira. Since the rest of the court doesn't know about Eira's death, they will be expecting her to be there and that is where I step in. 

I really hope this will work

Kevin had given me a pass but even he wasn't sure about whether I was ready or not. Kicking the shoes away, I walk towards the decorated mirror. Looking at it, I realised William looked just like Eira in everything. Grabbing my cheek, I stretched it.

 It hurt badly.

From the novel, the evil queen will showcase her own children and brag to everyone. This is just one step that caused William to break a little. It takes a little more events before the evil queen realises his an imposter though, but even then the evil queen notices a little.

So that means that I would have to be extra careful. 

The clock chimes as it hits the eighth hour.

I look into the mirror one last time before placing the shoes back on. I walk towards the door where Kevin is there waiting to escort. " Don't mess up." Kevin mumbles as he extends his hand gesturing me to take it. I briefly nod my head before taking it. 

The only noise was our shoes clicking on the ground as we walked towards the throne room.

The doors  open to reveal the court. Everyone already seated, the look I got from everyone was just out of politeness though the evil queen just looked at me like I was a cockroach.