Chapter 40

"Grggh." 

Thrown onto the floor, Lukas weakly opened his eyes.

He was in a room that looked like it would have been a grand stage of events but had been ruined to the point where the only stuff remaining of its former glory were a few benches and the stain glass window.

Flowers surrounded Lukas as he lay on the ground. Trying to stand, he found that his hands and legs were bound. 

"Great" he muttered under his breath. Suddenly, he heard muffling from somewhere in the back. Turning his body around, Lukas tried his best to slide down. Finally after struggling, he found the source.

Behind a bench were Ross and Theo. Their arms and legs bound, and mouths gagged Surprise was in Ross and Theo's eyes the moment they saw Lukas. 

"William, what are you doing here?!" asked Ross, telepathically.

"How am I suppose to know? What about you guys?" 

"We don't know either. One moment, we were running away from a monster then the next we'll here." explained Theo, his eyes showed a hint of annoyance.

"It seems you're awake."

Turning around abruptly, they  found themselves facing a person of shadow.

(Lukas pov)

The shadow was of indefinite shape. However to me, it seemed that deep within a person was there, somewhere.

Dark Miasma surrounded the shadow as a large grin formed on its mouth, 

"Its time for the parade to begin."

Before we could say anything, it disappeared and the doors bursted open and from the ceiling...

...dropped Sebel/Oliver.

Their arms were raised and bound together by thorns as they were suspended in midair. Their eyes were closed, sleeping.

'WHAT IS OLIVER DOING THERE?!' exclaimed the two.

Thats exactly what I was thinking however what surprised me more was the body that laid on the floor. 

"MR FLETCHER!" I shouted. Shuffling towards him, I checked on him. His forehead was bleeding and hair undone. His skin was pale and nasty gnashes marked his body. His clothes were slightly ruined and dirty, however what struck me the hardest was the knife wound on his back.

'shit!'

'William, what's happened to Mr fletcher' asked Theo, his tone worried.

I gulped, taking a deep breath, I got down to his face. My face just inches away from his face, concentrating I tried to see if he was breathing and thank god, he was only that I wasn't sure how long it'll last.

'We need to get out of here fast.' Using all the strength I had, I tried to break free from my bonds. Only to be met with utter failure.

'We tried. Nothing works' said Ross

"Now then you tell me."

Grumbling a little, I analysed my surroundings and to come to conclusion, we were doomed. 

Literally.

Because that psychotic shadow demon or whatever, had placed a FREAKING board with spikes to the ceiling which I was pretty sure, was what it would use to kill us.

There is no way, I am going to die again. God gave me a chance to repeat, I'm not going to put it to waste.

Crazily, I tried to search for something sharp to cut my ropes. My eyes caught the eye of the sharp edge of a broken bench. Shuffling, I crawled my way there. Quickly, I tried to to cut through my bonds only to be pushed back by an unseen force.