Chapter 38

The team that had found Oliver and Lukas was none other than Reius and Alfred. (A/n I know cliche huh 😅)

"William!!! Oliver!!!!!" Cried Reius as he hugged the two of them, glad to see they were alive.

The two of them simply laughed, they too were glad to see him.

Alfred scanned the area, it was simply odd. They were in the sewers just a while ago but now they were on dry land. Not a single drop of water in sight.

Lukas suddenly pushed Reius off them, pinching his nose, he couldn't help but complain"Pee yew! Reius, you stink!"

Reius sweat dropped, ya he did smell like poop didn't he.  Placing both hands on Oliver and Lukas, he said " Let's go. There's a giant bug on our tail and if we don't hurry we'll be chow." That got them seriously moving. 

As they walked through the halls, Reius noticed the blood still on Lukas's hand and shirt. " I believe in you Lukas. " he whispered softly. Lukas, stunned by the sudden sentence, simply shrugged it off although the cheeks of his were tinged red.

Suddenly, they heard a loud groan. Fear in their eyes. The four quickly ran, searching for a way to hide. "Let's hide here!" exclaimed Oliver as he opened a cell door. They entered it without hesitation, slamming the door shut and locking it. 

It was pitch black darkness, they could barely see anything but they couldn't bare to make any noise. The noise of groans grew until it stopped at which they finally let out their breaths.

"Is it gone?" whispered Oliver, mouths muffling his speech.

"I think so" sighed Reius. " Alfred, you can turn the lights on now."

.

.

.

"Alfred?"

Okay, now they were scared. Oliver released a small light burst. Now they could see some of their surroundings.  Nothing, no sign of Alfred at all. 

Lukas gulped, ' okay this is starting to get really creepy.'  suddenly he feels something wet drip onto his cheek, touching it. He stared down at his fingers and nearly screamed. Stained on his fingers was blood, not the blood that had been on him previously, no but fresh and still wet.

"Um...Oliver could you brighten the room up?" asked Lukas tentatively. Oliver did as told. Turning up, Lukas was right. Strung up to the ceiling were countless bodies of men and women. Blood seeping through the strings as they cut through the darkened skin. 

Now that they had a closer look, the floor was sprinkled with blood. 

Reius felt like vomiting. Seeing this much of a blood bath.

 " Did the murderer do this?" asked Oliver

"If so, then his sick."

Suddenly, in a huge twist of events . Lukas grabbed the dagger sheathed by Reius side before lunging at Oliver, the point of the dagger just metres away from the latter's heart.

"WHAT THE?!" shrieked Reius. 

"Jeremy! what..are you doing?!" screamed Oliver in terror.

"Oh cut the crap. You're not Oliver. The real Oliver would not react too that sight with such calmness." seethed Lukas as he continued to point the dagger at him.

'That's right. The real Oliver was shy and a scaredy cat so there's no way that the reaction this Oliver gave just now was right.'

The most unexpected thing happened. Oliver laughed. Laughed, shocking the other two. Oliver's eyes became slant as he smiled cunningly at them. "Wow! It seems Princess Eira is really smart, huh!"

This caught Lukas off guard but it was enough for Oliver to push him away. "How...did you know?" asked Lukas, that kind of information was only disclosed to 1% of this world's characters  but how?

"What do you think, Princess imposter?" 

For the first time in Lukas's life. He felt scared and not the usual terror but really, If he had to say, the true form of fear. His legs no longer able to hold the shock, he fell as he continued to stare at 'Oliver', hands trembling as he held the dagger.

Reius seethed. Intervening, he grabbed at 'Oliver's' wrist, " I don't know what's going on but one thing's sure. What the hell did you with the real Oliver, you imposter."

'Oliver's' eyes narrowed, " Pot calling the kettle black...but if you wish." Waving a hand, a body flew down from the ceiling, in an instant they transfigured into a small stool. " Oliver's with us right now just asleep." he explained, his tone soft and polite but it did not make them any less wary.

"Asleep?" asked Lukas

"And with us?" asked Reius, puzzled.

'Oliver' smirked, " To be accurate, his inside of me right now, sleeping. I'm just borrowing his body at the moment." 

Lukas felt a shiver down his spine. Damn, this person was creeping him out more than that time in halloween Julius accidentally got Kevin and him into some trouble with a cannibal witch. Thank god, they were saved.

"Then why are you here. Were you the one behind this whole string of messes?" asked Lukas softly. He was not in the mood to play games. Oliver stopped smiling, who knew this little 'royal' would act this way. It intrigued him. " No, but it's strange though for some reason. I don't know why but there's something odd-"

The rest was left unsaid as suddenly the floor began to shake. Looking up, they then noticed the corpses  moving. Hands reaching out for them as they struggled against the strings.  The walls they noticed were also closing in.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!"

Reius scrambled to the door but as he tried to open it he realised, " SHIT! GUYS, THE DOORS LOCK!" 

"Try blasting it! " shouted Lukas as he attempted to find any blind spots or a secret passageway.

Reius did as told. casting a fireball charm he tried to blast it down, only for it to be extinguished upon contact. ' great, a shield charm!' Reius panicking tried kicking the door down only to be kicked away.

"Are you done yet?!" grunted 'Oliver'. He was trying to maintain a boundary line between them and the zombies but with the closing walls, it seemed like they were gonna be zombie chow soon.

"There's a shield charm on the door ! We need to find another way out!" 

Lukas crawled around the floor, hands busy touching and scanning. 

'There's got to be a mechanism or-'

Somewhere on the wall was a faint glimmering light. Lukas in a hurry, grabbed onto the small ledges and cracks. Pushing himself up, he avoided the hands of the zombies as best as he could. It wasn't long before it was just within arms reach.

'almost there, just need one last push....'

Stretching his arm, Lukas grabbed hold of the crystal before a zombie's hand shot forward, scratching his face. Shock, Lukas attempted to move away only to lose balance. As he screamed, a bright flashing white light enveloped the room.

"AAAAAAHHHHHHH!"