Chapter 9: The Start of a Long Night

Wednesday was the exact same as Tuesday. I got into one fight with some punk on Thursday because I caught him beating up this innocent kid I recognized from my Music and English classes. The kid's name is Patrick and he's pretty cool. I talk to him and his friend Pete sometimes in English because God knows I can't even try to talk to Gerard without starting an argument of some sort.

It's now after school on Friday.  Conveniently enough, my parents are gone.  They left this morning because they had a bunch of meetings in New York City, so they'll be gone the entire weekend.  That's good, I won't have to explain to them I'm staying the night with a bunch of random dudes I just met.

Currently I'm walking home to grab my stuff and finish some homework before I have to be at the Way house at five o'clock.

I finally get to my house and get up to my room. I immediately throw on a normal outfit, desperate to get out of that god forbidden uniform. I continue to grab out my math homework and started on that.

It's four thirty now and I just got a message:

Mikey: Hey Y/n our address is 32213 Cemetery Drive:)

Ok thanks!

I decided since I only have thirty minutes until five I should start to pack up and leave.

I grab my spare backpack that I don't use for school and start to put some pj's and clothes for tomorrow into it. I go to the bathroom to grab some more stuff and then I'm ready to go.

I put the address Mikey gave me into google maps and see it's five miles away. Oh my god I'm such an idiot! I should've known they'd live further away since they went to a different middle school!

Mikey we have a problem

Mikey: What is it??

Both my parents are gone so I was just gonna walk to your house but I just checked and it's 5 miles away

And I don't turn 16 for a few months so I don't have my license

Mikey: Hold on one sec

Mikey: So Gee has his license

Mikey: Sorry I was convincing Gee

Mikey: What's your address?

122019 Shrine Street

Mikey: Ok

Mikey: Gee just left to pick you up

Mikey: He'll be there in 10-15 minutes

Omg thank you!

You're a lifesaver

Although I'm extremely thankful for all that Mikey is doing for me, I can't help but feel kinda disappointed that I'm going to have to be alone with Gerard.  These will be some of the most awkward minutes of my life.

I decided to sit out on the steps in front of my front door while I waited for Gerard.  I'm really immersed in this game on my phone and don't notice the shitty black car pull up in front of my house.  Okay now I just have to collect this co-

BEEEEEEEEEP!!!

The sound of Gerard aggressively honking his horn filled the air.