Chapter 23: Let It Out

As if on cue the lock springs open.

"Take that 'my wittle slutty buddy'" I smirk at Gerard as I start to open the box.

"I hope you know I'm not afraid to drop kick your ass" Gerard says with an unnaturally straight face.

I can't help but let out a little laugh as I look into the box.  You idiot why would you let him think he's funny?!

I look into the box only to be left more confused than before.

"Hey Gerard get over here" I mutter.

I look over to see his head snap up from the journal he's been so invested in.  He strides over to me quickly, his eyes locked on mine the entire time.

As soon as he's standing next to me, he tucks a loose strand of hair behind his ear before peering into the box.  How is he always so attractive- ok Y/N this kind of thinking needs to stop RIGHT NOW!

"Y/N!"  I'm startled by Gerard's booming voice right in my face.

"What the fuck was that for" I question him.

"I've been trying to get your attention but somebody's too busy daydreaming about the absolutely dashing and ravishing person in front of them" Gerard says smugly.

"I'm not afraid to drop kick your ass... anyways look at this" I roll my eyes dramatically.

I pour out the contents of the box which is unfortunately just some pieces of transparent plastic and wood. Some pieces had curves, some pieces had straight edges, and others had both.

"What the fuck is that"

"I don't know you tell me"

Gerard proceeds to move around some of the pieces on the desk with his eyebrows knitted together.

"Oh shit yes! Fuck you Y/N!" Gerard jumps up as he runs back over to the journal from earlier.

He quickly flips through the pages before seemingly finding the one he was looking for and slams the journal down on the desk.

"Look" he says while leaning towards me and point at the open page.

There on the page is a detailed sketch of the room we were in except there were little red symbols drawn in different places around the room.

Gerard quickly rearranged a few of the pieces so they matched one of the symbols in the sketch.

"They're like puzzle pieces" I realize.

"Yeah, here go put that one where it is in the picture, and I'll finish the rest of them" he dismisses me.

"Okay" I say excitedly.

We're gonna escape this bitch.

As I lean the little symbol against the base of one of the lamps in the room, a number is reflected off of the piece and onto the door.

"Gerard look!"

"Three. Do you think those numbers are gonna be the final code?"

"They have to be" I mutter more to myself.

"Here I have another piece." Gerard calls me over, but as he hands the symbol to me, our hands accidentally touch. Note to self: find out what lotion Gerard uses, his hands are very soft.

This process continues on for a few minutes until there are no pieces left on the desk and all the symbols are in place. On the door are the illuminated numbers 82377.

"I'm gonna put it in" I say as I grab the lock and start flipping through the numbers until I get to the eight.

"No let me do it" Gerard whines as he comes towards me.