chapter thirty-one

"mmm i'd say roughly 3 to 4 business days, but i could be wrong" i say as my parents enter the kitchen. my statement was followed by a few seconds of silence and then a dolphin like squeal erupted from mum.

"ugh i hate you" she mumbles before tightly wrapping her arms around me, we stay like this for almost a minute before dad clears his throat from behind her. i quickly release her and shuffle over to him. he quickly wraps his arms around my waist and lifts me up and spins me around, i let out a squeal and he places me down before hugging me again.
"you finally come home and you pull something like this. tch go back to korea" mum says while waving her hand and rolling her eyes before following me out to the car to bring in my things.

"i can't believe i'm having dinner with a fAmOuS iDoL" max teases as we sit down at the dinner table. i roll my eyes and quickly slap his arm before remembering something i had to bring up.
"hey muuuuum" i say with a sly grin.
"oh god, what?" she asks with a dramatic worried  expression.
"how would you feel about maybe 8 people staying here for a day at some point this week?" i ask.
"mmmmm i dunno. it'll cost you" she says, faking a stern articulation.
"i think it would be nice to thank them all for how they have been caring about you" dad says with a warm smile.
"so they have concerts until sunday, and then on monday you're all meeting chan, so then maybe tuesday?" i suggest and everyone nods.
"you'll love them, they're all little sweethearts. apart from seungmin, ugh hes a little shit" i say which causes max to laugh.
"han seems cool" he says with a smile.
"i feel like you and him are going to get along a little too well. you better not tell him any embarrassing stories about me. he'll blackmail me for life" i warn him with a grumble.

+|+|+|+

bringing my bags into my room, i flop down on my old bed and pull out my phone, calling the number saved to my favourites.
"hi hi" he says, immediately picking up and bringing a smile to my face.
"how's the hotel?" i ask, rolling onto my side and laying the phone under my head.
"well now that you're not here i get a bed to myself. so i'd say quite good" he says with a giggle.
"oh- so it seems like you're better off without me huh? guess i'll just leave you to it the-" i scoff but get interrupted.
"hush, you know i'm joking. the kids are already counting down the days till i leave so that they can get beds to themselves." he grumbles and i can practically hear his pout.
"ahhhh. i guess life is tough when your seven children want you gone" i respond with a cheeky giggle and i hear him scoff.
"oh and guess what?" i say and he hums lightly.
"tell the boys that everyone is coming to my house on tuesday" i say excitedly with a giggle, earning a soft chuckle from chan.
"is it bad that i already miss you?" he mumbles and my face immediately heats up.
"aaish, christopher you're gonna make me have a heart attack" i say with a laugh.
"it's not my fault you're adorable when you're excited." he mumbles defensively.
"pfffffft. you know i can't handle compliments, i'm beating you up on monday" i say, rolling my eyes even though i know he can't see it.
"ooooo monday. the big day when i meet your family." he says dramatically.
"why am i more nervous about it than you." i grumble.
"because you're brother seems cool, and you're mum already said she loves me, i'm thinking that i'm gonna be more loved than you" he says proudly.
"aaish. i hate that you're right." i say with a pout. we stay silent for a few seconds before i let out a yawn.
"mmf i think you should go to bed loser head." he says and mumble a small mmm.
"okay night night poopyhead. good luck tomorrow" i say with a soft smile.
"night night" he says softly before hanging up.

i finally glance up, staring into the room that hasn't changed at all. the mirrored sliding doors, still covered in little drawings done in marker. the desk piled with old school books that are most likely half empty or filled with random little compositions of melodies and lyrics. the old desktop i would make shitty little beats on with free software. the bookshelf filled with classical literature that i probably didn't understand but loved anyways. i wonder if i would understand those books if i read them now. had i progressed or grown at all? i would hide behind those books, and now i hide behind my music.

maybe things are the exact same.

as i glance over at the phone on my bed that just vibrated, with a notification from chan telling me to sleep well, i realise i have changed, and for the better.

and he helped me.

—————————————————
PLEEEEASE IM SORRY IF THIS WAS BAD IDK HOW WRITE SAPPY/EMOTIONAL STUFF. IF YOU COULDN'T ALREADY TELL, IM MORE A PART PARTY YEAH FRICK BITCHES GET MONEY TYPA GAL😀