chapter ten

the stuff in bold is when they're speaking in English :)))

"gimme your phone" i say holding out my hand expectantly.
"what for?" he asks raising an eyebrows as he digs his hand into his pocket, keeping one hand on the steering wheel and passing it to me.
"music. whats your password?" i ask, silently awh-ing at the photo of him and the boys at a beach which was set as his background. HOLY SHIT. CHAN'S ABS, OH MY GOD. okay calm down calm down.
"18 03 25" he says, a smile growing on his face.
"what does that represent?" i ask as i notice how happy he became just because of his passcode.
"its the day we debuted." he says with a huge grin and glancing over at me.
'awhhhh chan! thats so cute" i say, his smile making one grow on my face.
"I thought i told you to call me chris?" he says with a smirk. i roll my eyes and quickly turn back to his phone and look at his playlists noticing we have a lot of similar music. as i skim through his liked songs I freeze. chan has some of my songs saved. i softly smile and a blush forms on my cheeks before i scroll away.

"see something you like?" he asks, noticing my smile.
"ahh um we just have similar music tastes" i cover and continue scrolling. i cheer a little as i find sweater weather and instantly play it. i begin singing the song instantly and turn to see chan looking at me shocked
"you speak English?" he asks with a hint of an Australian accent.
"no way. ARE YOU AUSTRALIAN?" I ask, practically yelling at him.
"YEAH, ARE YOU?" he yells back, matching my excited energy. i nod and we both begin to laugh at how childish we were acting. we both began to sing the chorus and I bopped up and down on my seat . soon the song ends and he asks me to queue a few others.

+|+|+|+

after a heavy jam session chan parks the car and we both get out of the car.
"the place we always get food from is down here" he says as we begin to walk down the sidewalk. we walk in a comfortable silence for a few minutes before chan speaks up.
"you know, you have a pretty good voice" he says turning to me with a smile.
"ahh. thankyou" i say with a shy smile.
"so how did you end up in korea?" he asks, changing to english.
"i did an exchange program with a school and came here when i was 16. then, i guess i kinda fell in love with it here and decided to stay." i explained.
"i'm guessing you moved for jyp right?" i asked.
"yeah i moved here when i was really young and lived in a dorm at jyp with other trainees" he answers. we sit in silence for. a few minutes before i find the courage to ask him something.
"did... did you ever find it hard? you know, like the bullying you would get for being a foreigner" i ask, hoping he was the same as me, my nervousness leaving my body as i hear him scoff and a light chuckle leave him.
"oh yeah. it was almost unbearable. it was already hard enough trying to learn the language and the culture, all while trying to do studies and my traineeship. but it paid off i guess, didn't it?" he says as i stare at him, seeing the sadness in his eyes as he spoke.
"damn. i feel like i definitely didn't have it as hard as you" i chuckle.
"that doesn't invalidate your experience." he says and i smile. why is he so perfect?
"i would get bullied in australia for not being australian enough, then when i came here i would be bullied for not being korean enough." i say looking down at my feet and glance up to see him nodding.
"and it feels like there's not a place for us" he finished my sentence and i stare up at him and smile.

us. that sounds good.

"you know, i've never asked what you do, like for a living?" he mentions. i walk in silence for a few minutes. debating whether to tell him. don't get me wrong, i trust him. i don't know, there's just something about him that makes me feel comfortable and safe. i suddenly stop walking and he stop and looks back at me.
"are you alright?" he asks stepping towards me with a furrowed brow.
"give me a hug" i demand quietly. chan steps closer.
"what?" he asks with a giggle.
"give me a hug. i need a confidence boost right now" i mutter looking down at my feet. i hear him laugh before warmth surrounds me. i melt into his chest and soak up all the confidence i can muster. i pull back slightly, but he keeps his arms wrapped around my waist. alright. i can do this.

"i'm dystopia rb" i say shyly.

—————————————————
YALL MY SCHOOL IS BACK IM SORRY.
updates probably won't be that regular i'm sorryyyyy🥺. i'm currently writing this on the bus bye-