Away

3rd POV

???: "There's no such way that this young man could have, the times and alibis are inconsistent with this situation"

??: "We're sorry, please forgive us"

????: "Please... don't go..."

?: "You got what you wanted, leave me alone"

??: "How dare you!"

?: "I've always loved you, but when it wasn't the same, I felt I had no choice"

???: "Please, ladies and gentlemen, is all nothing but an empty hoax"

????: "I'm on your team, and you're always on my team"

(Y/N) POV

I took my surroundings, my head was pounding. I sat up, in a bit unfamiliar room. I'm confused, then surprised with Ruby next to me, light breaths as she was in slumber. I look to see a sheet over covering the whole bed. 'Well with Ruby here, I probably don't have much to worry about, I'll just wait until she wakes up. I laid back down, cuddling close to her, breathing in her rosy scent. She squirmed a bit, her eyes fluttering open.

(Y/N): "Hey beautiful, did I wake you?"

Ruby: "Hehe, no you didn't" She said with a small blush on her face, probably embarrassed I was staring at her when she slept, "How long have you been awake?"

(Y/N): "I actually woke up about a minute ago myself, it truly was fate that we awoke at the same time"

She giggled and softly hit me on the arm.

Ruby: "You're such a dork"

We both had a giggle and opened the tent-like cover. Everyone else was still asleep.

(Y/N): "Wanna go for a walk?"

Ruby: "Sure, just let me get ready."

We, as quietly as possible, got off her bed. Ruby went to her drawer, then to the bathroom. While I walked back to my dorm. During the walk I drifted away into my thoughts, when the scene of me against the Nevermore, how my savage way of killing it was kinda scary, but as well was it satisfying. But what gave me most anxiety was the fact that Yang and Blake saw, like it was a whole new side of me. 'I just hope that I don't lose my cool again.' I decided to leave that thought to rest and thought of Weiss and how she's so bothered by me. Actually I'll skip that one too. I made it to my dorm. Opening to see my room as I left it. Entering, I look back at the door and reminisce the time Yang broke it. 'Good times' and thanks to good ol' Goodwitch it was fixed in a snap. I jump into the shower, got myself cleaned up, dressed into my uniform. I rush to the door, startled that Ruby was right outside waiting for me.

(Y/N): "Woah there! Spooked me there for a minute. Whew!"

Ruby laughed and laughed

Ruby: "I didn't even try to! Come on, let's go!"

She linked our arms and off through the halls, the main entrance, and outside. There we started to walk the perimeter of campus. Ruby spoke first.

Ruby: "You know what surprises me sometimes?"

(Y/N): "Hm?"

Ruby: "That even though it hasn't been the longest of time together, it feels like as if I've known you my whole life."

(Y/N): "I agree wholeheartedly. And what also surprises me still is that you know, you like me, of all people! You know?"

Ruby: "Oh come on, you're are absolutely the greatest guy I've ever known. I mean, look at yourself right now. Handsome, fit, smart, kind, caring, trustworthy, understanding, logical. And even with your flaws you still are growing as a person. Like, if you don't mind, you are more confident now compared to when we first met, right?"