Hardships

Ruby POV

I was happy, I am happy. Seeing (Y/N) take me out for cookies and other stuff... gave me butterflies! Except... I know that he's been in pain for so long, but to just have me fix him very fast? I know I could be overthinking this... but I have to make sure. So, for now, I'm going to make him the happiest person today, even if he's taking me out. We were walking down the sidewalk, enjoying the company. I sigh as I have myself a mental pat on the back for remembering not to leave in my pjs, then changing to my usual outfit, the best one. There was small awkward silence between us, and it was slowly growing. 'Conversation! Think!'

(Y/N): "So Ruby, how have classes been? I know I helped you with your studies at night, but how about actual classes and your classmates?"

Ruby: "Well, for certain, there has been some stuff going around with 'her' and the incident. But besides that, there's nothing much different, I think."

He looks down a bit,

(Y/N): "I see," he instantly smiles, "Well at least nothing bad has happened to you."

'That face... something's up' We continued to walk. Talking about random dumb stuff that came across our minds, like he said 'If it was said to be 0°F, and the weather said to be twice as cold tomorrow, what would the temperature be?' That one confused me so much.

(Y/N): "Hey we made it."

He points to the place he was talking about...

Ruby: "*GASP* I love that place! How did you know?!"

He laughs

(Y/N): "Wow, I thought you went to the other place. But I can't be too surprised."

I cross my arms.

Ruby: "Hmph, I love cookies

Ruby: "Hmph, I love cookies. Of course I'd know this place."

I giggle, he chuckles too. We walk in the bakery, with a familiar face

Baker: "Ah Ruby Rose. Come for more coo..."
he stopped and stared at (Y/N) for a second
"Come for more cookies?"

(Y/N): "Yep, I'm laying this time. Now go ahead Ruby, get whatever you want."

I felt so happy, that I get cookies, and (Y/N) is getting them for me. He so nice, I love him so much. I pick out my favorites, he pays, and we walk out. We... or he bought a bunch of cookies. In fact, two dozen.

(Y/N): "Alright Ruby, go crazy and eat 'em"

I stared at him, 'He's been so nice to me... he payed for cookies, helped me with assignments, let me stay in his room. I need to do something. Aha!'

(Y/N): "Hello? Remnant to Ruby!"

Ruby: "Huh? Oh sorry, I spaced out."

(Y/N): "Are the cookies hypnotizing you?"