Failure

(Y/N) POV

I woke up from my nap, 'it was pretty refreshing.' I look at the time, it was almost time for me to go to Combat Training. With the little time I had, I update my music playlist to any new favorite songs I've heard. It's important that I have them with me when I'm in danger, and it was a huge risk not having them with when I was with Ruby. Anyways, I head out and sit on the floor next to the door of the classroom, all ready to go. Bell rings, I head in rushing past the other students. Many shoulder bumps and death/feared glares. I've been used to them recently, but still have that small sting. Ms. Goodwitch turns to see me, surprised,

Ms. Goodwitch: "Mr. (L/N), what brings you here? Don't you have more time off?"

(Y/N): "Yeah... just came for two reasons: practice and a deal."

She nods and starts to work on her little tablet. I take a seat, waiting for Ruby and... Yang. 'I have to beat her, for Ruby's sake. And for mine, I can be strong and beat through...' my eyes widen as I realized something... 'she's going to be here too!' My heart rate increased, breathing heavier, sweating. All the fears and nightmares rushing in my head, all the hate of everyone suddenly getting to me. I felt weak and wanting to cry. I try to suppress myself from Glynda and just hold my head and try to calm down.

???: "(Y/N)? You okay?"

I look up to see Ruby along with Yang, Blake, and I believe Weiss is her name. I look down, 'she doesn't care, she's trying to pull something.'

(Y/N): "Yeah, I'm just a little tired and was thinking about some stuff."

Yang and Ruby gave me a 'I don't believe you look,' the other two sat down and ignored us in conversation. Ruby stepped forward,

Ruby: "(Y/N) if there's something wrong, you need to tell me. And by how you're breathing, shaking, sweating and tearing, something is wrong. What's wrong?"

'Even if she's pulling something, I might as well fall for it'

(Y/N): "It's just that... she's going to be here."

Ruby: "Who?"

(Y/N): "Sh-...she's the one who s-started the whole thing."

Ruby: "Was it the same one who made you do... 'that' on the cliff?"

I nod and she nods back, she's thinking.

Ruby: "Don't worry (Y/N)," She gives me her beautiful smile, "I'll be here to protect you."

I smile, thank her with a hug, she hugs back. People started to come in and sit down, some minding their business, a lot staring down at (Y/N). They were very shocked how a cute girl was sitting next you, talking to you. People looked like they were ready to kill me for just talking to Ruby, but she kept me in check, calming me down. The final bell, after some time, finally rang meaning for class to be in session. Glynda was going over combat strategies and strength/weaknesses of weapon classes. I barely paid attention, just slightly staring at Ruby, turning my eye when she'd almost catch me. I can see her... giving me an evil glare. My heart rate increases, in fear. All the past experiences, all the pain, beginning to fill me. I tried to distract myself by looking at Ruby again. And it seems Yang saw me. She cleared her throat, grabbing my attention. I looked at her, she looked at me. She nodded, I nod back, both of us being acknowledging our deal. After what seemed like an eternity of teaching, finally came sparring.

Ms. Goodwitch: "Now any volunteers?"

Yang: "I would. And if he didn't mind, I'd like to challenge (Y/N)."

All eyes on me as I stand.

(Y/N): "Yeah, I'll accept."

I walk down, me and Yang having a stand-off. I see 'her' behind Yang up in the seats. I started to panic a little, with her and all eyes on me, with possibly mixed emotions of hatred, aggression, fear, and others. I felt like running back to my room, and just escape the world, escape from her.