Author's Note

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! Thanks for reading! I'm making this quick author's note to explain some things about this fanfiction. Firstly, this is set in the Pokemon Journeys anime, which is the current one as of writing. Also, this is set right after Episode 36 (JN36), which is the the episode where Ash and Goh go to Hoenn in order to investigate a strange singing noise, but they end up finding a sandstorm with a Flygon inside. Everything written from here on out uses previous canon plot throughout, but the overall plot for this story is fanfiction. Also, this story is not mainly about Amourshipping, but rather incorporates it into the story to progress the main storyline.

I got motivated to write a story using the current Pokemon anime because I have seen a lot of fanfictions for the setting of Alola or Kalos when it involves Serena. While they are well-written and enjoyable, I feel that a different setting would be a breath of fresh air, and may motivate others to also write and share their ideas! 

I am a HUGE fan of Pokemon anime, having just finished a marathon of all of the seasons up to the latest English sub (which I will not be talking about to prevent spoilers), so my passion for writing this hopefully carries until the final sentence. I have a hard time choosing my favorite season of the anime, as I'm split between XY series and Sun and Moon series, which most people find absurd as they are vastly different from one another. I suppose it comes from the fact that both succeed in telling stories in very different ways, with one having more mature themes and heavy character progression, while the other having themes about friendship and innocence, more animated characters, and just overall is meant to be a fun time.

Anyways, enough about me. I hope you, the reader, enjoy this story titled:

A Journey's Link

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------