Chapter 68 - Home

Ash processed what he had just heard and, without hesitation, grabbed a Pokeball from his belt and released Dragonite from it. "Ash, hold on!" Sycamore exclaimed, putting a hand on Ash's shoulder. Ash whipped his head around and jerked his shoulder back and away from Sycamore's hand.

"Don't tell me to hold on!" He roared, feeling anger and fear simultaneously. "My mom is in danger, and you're telling me to hold on!?" He jumped onto Dragonite and was about to tell him to take off before he was practically tackled off of Dragonite by Serena, causing them both to hit the ground hard.

"Augh!" Ash exclaimed, impacting the ground and bringing himself up. Serena got up and stared at him with despair. "You can't just leave again!" She yelled, shoving him out of anger. Ash's eyebrows furrowed and he angrily replied, "Wouldn't you do the same if your mom was in danger?"

"Yes!" Serena exclaimed, grabbing Ash's hand. "But I would do it alongside people that supported me! You can't just go in alone and expect to take out Giovanni and Mewtwo!" She stared directly at Ash, who sighed and hopped off of Dragonite, Serena's words breaking through to him.

"Serena's right," Clemont said, stepping forward. "This is a group effort, so if we're gonna do this, we're gonna do it together!" he exclaimed. "Yeah, my big brother is right!" Bonnie exclaimed, hopping up and down. "We'll be able to take out all the baddies if we all work together!"

Sycamore smiled at his siblings and turned to Ash. "You're powerful, Ash, but even the most powerful people on Earth need support," he said, Ash nodding in return. "Right!" Goh exclaimed. "And if I've learned anything from you while we've been traveling together, it's to never give up!" Chloe nodded and exclaimed, "You've been a great friend! And friends help out other friends!"

"Goh's right!" Serena exclaimed. "Never give up until it's over!" Hearing Serena says one of his phrases caused Ash to tear up slightly. "You guys," he muttered, finding it incredibly moving how all his friends supported him to this extent. He shook his head quickly and forced a confident smile, telling himself that crying at this time was unacceptable.

"Let's go stop Giovanni!" He exclaimed with passion in his voice. "Together!" He added. Everyone nodded their head and mirrored the same passionate face as Ash. Sycamore released his Talonflame and urged a few people to hop alongside him. Clemont and Bonnie hopped on with him while Goh and Serena went with Ash on Dragonite.

"Do you know how to get to Pallet Town from here, Ash?" Sycamore asked from atop Talonflame. Ash nodded and said, "I'll always know how to get home!" He commanded Dragonite to fly upwards, Talonflame close behind.

He turned towards the direction the machine had provided and furrowed his eyebrows. Here I come, Giovanni! Ash thought to himself intensely. You're gonna learn not to mess with the people I care about! He patted Dragonite on the back, causing them to fly off towards Pallet Town, Ash's hometown.

[-]

"We're here," Giovanni stated blankly. He had been able to get to Pallet Town swiftly with Mewtwo, meaning his grunts were not here to fight alongside him. "Where's here?" Aaron asked, unable to see as Giovanni had blindfolded him after picking him up in his unconscious state.

"Quiet!" Giovanni barked, turning towards Aaron. He was floating alongside Giovanni, as Mewtwo had enough power to psychically maneuver him in the air. "Don't speak unless spoken to! You were the main cause of my downfall, so now you're gonna know what it's like to have everything taken from you!" He exclaimed maniacally.

"You can't take anything from me," Aaron muttered under his breath. "Everything's already been taken," Giovanni growled and slapped Aaron across the face, forcing him to be quiet. "I highly doubt that," Giovanni said, turning his attention back to the upcoming house that belonged to the Ketchum family.