Chapter 52 - Sacrifices

"How is he doing?"

"Who are you referring to?"

"Ash. I want to know how he's doing right now. Our plan went way off course, didn't it."

"Of course it did. Why else would that third Zygarde Core be heading towards the Earth right now?"

"I admit that our plan to encourage Ash to harness his love for Serena did not work out as planned. Even after you opened his eyes, Azelf, he still failed to see the true scope of his feelings for her."

"He does have certain aspects that he lacks in."

"He definitely does. Are you sure that he's the one for the girl?"

"Mesprit, for being the one that understands emotions the most out of all three of us, you sure don't understand how feelings work."

"Stop bickering, you two. It seems our assumption about that core being Squishy was simply incorrect, so we might have to resort to our alternative plan."

"The alternative plan? Surely you don't mean what I believe you're referring to."

"I do. We have no idea what those clones of Ash and Serena are here for. Not to mention, Giovanni of Team Rocket may be involved in this situation. Our alternative plan may be the only way to make sure they're safe in any position they get themselves into."

"How do we know that it'll all work out? You know that if we choose this way, then there's no telling what'll happen?"

"We've just got to trust that Ash and the others can fight to the end. Besides, what have we got to lose? If we don't follow through, then the world as we know it may cease to exist."

"Yes, it will. Listen to Azelf, Mesprit. We may as well sacrifice ourselves for the time being so that they may live."

"I guess. But doesn't something feel odd about the Zygarde Core? Like, shouldn't it have impacted the world days ago? Why is it still supposedly floating in space?"

"That I do not know. Perhaps it shall be answered by Ash once we lend our strength to him."

"I think we should do it, Mesprit. Besides, if me and Uxie do it without you, you'll be all alone. Who are you going to make fun of if we're both gone?"

"We are merely souls right now since we used our energy to talk with Ash, so there wouldn't be anyone else to talk to.

"I'll do it."

"Splendid. I can assure you that what we are about to do will ensure the future of everything as we know it. You both can decide when you want to perform this task, but be quick in your-"

"I'll do it. I'm positive that our sacrifice will help against whatever threat will dare try to cross with Ash."

"You're so childish, Azelf. No wonder you found solace in Ash's personality in Sinnoh. However, I'm in solely because I trust what Uxie is saying."

"I wasn't expecting you both to be ready so quickly, but so be it. Let us begin the process of merging our entities so that we may offer our strength to Ash."

"We just need to focus on our goal, right? And it should work?"

"Correct. The upper beings will hear our request and follow them through, so for us to transfer the power, we must all be focusing on the same request."

"Seems easy enough. There's no way any of us can mess this up...except maybe Azelf."

"Hey! I'm just as good at focusing as you are!"