Chapter 57 - Attack

"The attacker looks like me?!" Ash exclaimed frantically, standing up alongside Greninja and Lucario. Ippei stayed sitting, calmly listening as his younger brother rapidly spoke. "Yeah, but he's green, " Sanpei explained, cluing in Ash on who the attacker was. "That guy again," Ash whispered to himself, looking towards his Pokemon, who both nodded in understanding.

Ash wordlessly ran out of the room and into the main area of the building, leaving just Sanpei and Ippei alone in the meditating room. "Did you know about this, brother?" Sanpei asked Ippei, who still sat peacefully. "No," Ippei responded blankly. "I only detected an evil threat, which Ash is already aware of."

Sanpei sighed and nodded, sitting down next to his brother. "Shouldn't we go help them protect our village?" Sanpei asked Ippei, wondering why he still hadn't moved despite the circumstances. Ippei shook his head and responded, "No. If we mingle with this attack, then Ash and his Pokemon won't get stronger together." He turned to Sanpei, who stared back. "It'll help them be able to fight against Zygarde," he said.

Sanpei looked away for a moment, then shook his head. "No, I can't just let this happen," he said, standing up and turning towards Ippei. "I don't care if Ash needs to get stronger, I just want to protect the village," he said confidently, running out of the room and towards whatever was occurring outside. Ippei hid a smile as he watched his younger brother run to defend his hometown, proud of his intuition.

Running out of the room, Sanpei saw Ash and Sycamore talking to each other, both grabbing their Pokeballs to fight against the clone of Ash. "Ash!" Sanpei exclaimed, running over to the raven-haired trainer who was getting ready with Greninja and Lucario. "Coming to help, Sanpei?" Ash said, tightening his gloves on his hand. Sanpei nodded and closed his eyes for a moment, searching for something.

"What's happening?" Sycamore whispered to Ash, who smirked and had a feeling that he knew what was about to show. Sanpei opened his eyes and a cloud of smoke appeared next to him, revealing his own Greninja, ready to fight. "Hey, Greninja!" Ash exclaimed, walking over to Sanpei's Greninja to give it a small fist bump. Ash's Greninja walked over and stared at Sanpei's both eyeing each other in mutual respect.

"Ash, I would help, but since Garchomp was taken by that clone out there, I can't do much," Sycamore explained, showing his empty Pokeballs. "You can help protect our people," Sanpei suggested. "Just get them to safety and you'll be helping out a lot," he said. Sycamore nodded and ran out of the building, looking to help any villagers.

"You ready, Ash?" Sanpei said, pulling a mask over his face. "Yep," Ash responded, Greninja and Lucario right behind him. "Never been more ready to help," he added, facing towards the open door where he could hear explosions from the attacker. Ash and Sanpei both opened the doors and ran out, being surprised by what they saw.

It was Squishy; Ash knew it was because of the color of the red design on his neck. He was in his ten percent form, however, which shocked Ash as he didn't realize that the people who had stolen Squishy could truly manipulate and harness his power. "Ash is that Squishy?!" Sanpei exclaimed, having to yell over Ash's clone ordering an attack on a nearby empty tent.

"I think so!" Ash responded, instantly turning to Greninja and Lucario to order an attack. "Greninja, use-!" Ash began, getting cut off by Greninja grabbing some Water Shurikens and tossing them at Squishy, causing him to be hindered slightly. Why did Greninja attack before I finished giving an order? Ash thought to himself, not understanding as Greninja sprinted back to where he stood before, ready to attack again.

He brushed it off and turned to Lucario. "Lucario, use-!" He began commanding, stopping again as Lucario charged up his Aura Sphere and sent the orb flying towards Squishy, causing him to get knocked back and causing Ash's clone, also known as A, to fall to the ground. Ash turned to Lucario in surprise, watching him put his arms to the side after the attack. It happened again! Ash thought to himself in shock. And it's the exact moves I wanted them to use! But how?