Chapter 2 - Adventure

Before he could try to stop him and Pikachu's plummet, Ash quickly sprang up from his bed, confused and terrified for his survival, as he was still unaware of his surroundings. He looked around and breathed a sigh of relief, realizing it was only just an unpleasant dream; nothing more.

Pikachu, still asleep at his feet, was lightly breathing, clearly having a better dream than Ash just had. He looked to his left and saw his bag on a dark wooden desk, with a ticket sticking out for what appeared to be a plane ticket to the Johto region. He thought of Johto and remembered he was quite fond of that region for its sights and Pokemon.

Ash then saw Goh sitting in a chair next to the desk on his Rotom phone, scrolling through the Pokedex to see what Johto Pokemon inhabited in the area near the Moomoo Farm. Goh had his other hand hanging over the chair, in a relaxed state.

His mostly black hair was slightly lighter than Ash's raven black and was messy with a small red highlight on the left side of his hair. His skin was a light tan color, and his eyes had a light blue tint to them. His clothes, complementing his hair, had an inversely colored Pokeball printed on his light gray jacket.

He then pulled out a ticket from his dark gray sweatpants. The other ticket to the Johto region to complement Ash's. Goh put his ticket in his brown bag, which was a lot bulkier and bigger than Ash's. Goh glanced up and saw Ash staring down at him blankly and sighed with a smirk on his face.

"Ash, I know you like battling, but you can't let it be the only thing in life, even when you're sleeping," Goh teased with a smirk. "There are other things to life too, like trying the delicious Moomoo milk fresh from the Moomoo farm." Goh showed him a picture of the farm, with Miltanks scattered throughout the photo.

Ash then understood the situation and jumped out of bed with a smile on his face. "Yeah, and I'll bet we'll meet some really strong trainers there, too! Maybe I'll even meet someone participating in the World Coronation Series!" Goh sighed in defeat, knowing he could never get the raven-haired trainer's mind off of battling. It was the one thing Ash loved most, next to-

"FOOD! I forgot all about breakfast!" yelled Ash, as he ran downstairs to the smell of Mr. Mime's delicious cooking. Pikachu, also having a craving for Mr. Mime's cooking, was close behind, having woken up from Ash's loud revelation. That Ash is something else, Goh thought, as he strolled downstairs behind him. I wonder if he'll ever take things more seriously.

Goh did get onto Ash every now and then due to his reckless and stubborn actions, but truthfully, he was Goh's first close friend, as he tends to push people away with his sometimes cocky and abrasive personality. Goh was honestly just glad someone with as much experience as Ash wanted to share his skills and tactics with him, even if his main tactic was doing things as they were happening, which is something Goh both admired and despised.

As Goh entered the kitchen, he saw Yamper greet him with a slight bark, then sauntered back over to the kitchen table. There sat Chloe, his childhood friend who he admired for her dedication to school, Professor Cerise, who was Chloe's father and had appointed both he and Ash to be the Laboratory's Research Fellows, and Ash, the confident trainer aspiring to be a Pokemon Master.

Chloe and her father didn't share much when it came to looks, as Chloe shared her mother's long, maroon hair and jade eyes. Professor Cerise had short, brown hair, and was noticeably tall. Then there was Ash. He wore a red cap with a red and green Pokeball shape on the front, which didn't do much to stop his messy raven hair from sticking out from beneath it. He had brown eyes and thunderbolt-shaped birthmarks on his cheeks.

Goh had always believed that this was a fateful reason Ash and Pikachu had met and become the duo they were today. Ash stood up, revealing his white and red undershirt, which was covered mostly by his blue jacket with yellow stripes where the zippers came together.