Chapter 63 - Fueled

Giovanni sat upon his tall, black leather chair and quietly observed his large monitor that emitted a dim light into the dark room. He had been watching the conditions of his agents that were known on their way to a remote location in the Kalos region where the Zygarde core was due to land.

He smirked and stood up, causing Mewtwo, who was standing dormant by his side, to bring its head up in an attentive position. The device that was strapped securely around Mewtwo glowed, signifying its presence and control over the powerful Psychic-type.

"So, it seems like the core is finally ready for capture," Giovanni whispered to himself, watching as the location of his agents closed in on the isolated location that was home to countless native villagers. He knew that other people seeking the power that was contained within the core would be present, but he was confident that all of them would be crushed under his command.

Giovanni's smirk disappeared whenever a notification popped up on the monitor. It was an incoming video call from one of the head agents performing the attack on the village. He had ordered that no contact would be made unless an emergency was present, so the fact that one was occurring meant that something had gone wrong.

Clicking on the call, Giovanni was met with a live feed of the lead agent. "Giovanni, sir! So sorry to bother you!" The agent said, wearing an incredibly apologetic face. Giovanni grunted and barked back, "What is it? I specifically said not to contact me unless an emergency was present!"

The agent nodded and frantically explained, "There is an emergency! Half of our men have been knocked unconscious, but we don't know what's causing it!" Giovanni's eyebrows grew closer together in anger. "What do you mean!?" Giovanni roared angrily, feeling his time was being wasted by what seemed to be insubordinate.

The agent stuttered as he tried to reason with his boss. "I have no clue, boss! There's just something going around taking out all of our men!" The agent exclaimed. He turned the camera forwards and showed dozens of agents on the ground. Giovanni slammed his hand on his desk and yelled, "Find whatever is causing this and stop it!"

"We're trying to, boss!" The agent exclaimed, turning his camera back around towards his face. "Or at least, who's left of us anyw-" His voice was cut off and he could be seen plummeting towards as a thud was heard. "Agent, are you there!" Giovanni exclaimed in a somewhat annoyed tone. There was no response and the agent's phone was picked up by another person.

The video call showed someone in a ninja mask momentarily staring at the camera angrily before they dropped the phone. Giovanni watched in horror as the camera was able to pick up the ninja knocking out the rest of the agents with ease. Giovanni screamed and grabbed a few Pokeballs nearby on his desk. He walked away from the monitor and looked back at Mewtwo with a commanding look.

Mewtwo nodded and floated over to Giovanni obediently. "Take us there. Now," Giovanni commanded in a calm voice. Mewtwo did a slight nod and placed its hand on Giovanni's shoulder so that it could psychically teleport them to the Ninja Village so that Giovanni himself could secure the Zygarde core.

[-]

There's screaming. I guess that means the core is here right now. That also means he's here. I need to get to the core before he does. These were the thoughts of Aaron, who had just teleported to the location of the core, which was in the Ninja Village.

"Ash!" Aaron screamed, hoping to find his son, and explained everything to him. There was no doubt to him that A had found him and told him his side of the story, which was not how he wanted Ash to view him. I need to tell him why I'm fighting him, he reminded himself.

"Ash!" He screamed again, hoping to see someone look at him in recognition. Unfortunately, no one in the crowd he was in stared at him, instead of keeping their eyes on the incoming Zygarde core. He realized that to find Ash, he was going to have to go directly towards the Zygarde core in hopes of finding him there.