Chapter #1

"I'm dying." Pansy sat up so quickly in the bed that her head probably was spinning.

"Draco, what?"

"I was hit by a curse. I'll be dead in a year."

Pansy just looked at the wall across from her bed we were laying in. It had a big window that looked out at the garden and posters from muggle bands.

"There is a way to reverse it though." It was more of a statement than a question.

"Well yes. But it will never work."

"Tell me Draco." Her voice sounded fine but her face showed she was desperate.

I thought back at the conversation I had with the man who cursed me.

I was late to work, or later than when I wanted to get there when some man came out of nowhere. He spat on me and shoved me into one of the building walls. It gave me a light headache but that was nothing new.

"You think you are all high and mighty just because Harry thought you shouldn't be in Azkaban?"

"No."

The man seemed to not have heard me, "You're not! You are scum and don't deserve to be alive!"

He then started mumbling some spell. One I had never heard before, in a different language too. Once he was done he gave me a creepy smile.

"Try having Harry save you from that! No one would love someone with the dark mark printed on their arm!"

And he was gone. I sighed and went to work. After work I went to St. Mungo's, and now I was back home talking to Pansy about it.

I sighed, "I have to fall in love with Harry Potter."

Pansy's face bloomed with joy and she opened her mouth to speak.

I cut her off though, "Before you make some remark as to how easy that would be or any mention of that god awful crush I had on him back in school, he needs to fall in love with me too."

Pansy's face dropped but this time she had the care to not show her disappointment. She laid back down and looked up at the ceiling. I could tell she was trying to figure out a way for us to reverse it. I had done the same, I've had the last few hours to figure it out.

"We'll figure out a way. I promise Draco. You won't die, okay?"

I sighed heavily. Her hope was somewhat comforting even though it was also frustrating, there was no way Harry bloody Potter would fall in love with me, Draco sodding Malfoy.

I gave her a small smile, "Alright Pansy."

____

Hi! This is my first fanfiction I've ever shared. Hope you enjoy! Also, there will be many of grammar/spelling errors. Sorry about that! 

440 words