Ruined Festival

Everyone ran helter skelter. The men ran into the war room to secure their weapons and strategise, quickly. While the women ran to hide with the kids. The roar came again, this time closer. Takuma saw a little boy calling for another kid. He looked flustered and distressed. Takuma wondered where his parents are and who the kid the boy was calling for is. Takuma look at the retreating back of her friend, it won't take long. I'll just help the boy find whoever he is looking for and we will be back to safety with everyone in no time. She said then dashed towards the boy. She noticed the boy looking at him as she approached him.

"Who are you looking for?" She asked as soon as she was in front of him. His face was tear streaked. His voice wobbled as he replied.

"My younger sister". The boy sniffled and Takuma's heart kept. Waiting for the warriors is not a choice. The girl could be injured, worse, dead before the warriorswould get there. There is no choice, I have to help, she thought.

"Where is she?" Takuma asked.

"There" The boy pointed at the derelict hut where kids used to play. The girl probably thought she would be safe there, but why wouldn't she go with her brother to safety like everyone else. I would stick to my older brother like glue if I was the one. Maybe they were playing separately before the incident. Either ways, the girl is in danger now.

"Okay. Where are your parents?" Takuma asked out of curiosity. What kind of parents leaves their children alone in this kind of situation?

"They are gone". The boy's voice was oddly different in a creepy way, yet his voice wobbled and his eyes are downcast like a truly grieving kid. Takuma shrugged the creepy voice off, blaming it on her fear.

"What's your name, boy?"

"Shima". The boy replied.

"Okay, Shima, I'll go bring your sister out. You're sure she's in there?" Shima nodded, his face shone with expectations. Wait right here, I won't be long.

------_------_------_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----
Hi everyone, this is another short chapter, I hope you like it.

Do you have any idea of what is going on?

Please click on the like button and drop a comment. I would love to hear from you.