The Spy

The Journey to Gogo River was exciting. I had a good time and I believe Jade did too. He is actually a nice person to be around. We didn't even know long it took us to walk to Gogo River. When we got there, Jade insisted on looking for Seargent Loreal with me. Gogo river is quiet different from my clan. They have tall buildings and robots. I saw different types of animals. Well, that one is common back home. I was completely awed. We asked everyone we met until we were eventually directed to his apartment at the mess.   

I gave Seargent Loreal the note Captain Morgan gave us. He said he understood.

"Thanks for walking her here, Jade. See you around Kiddo".

"Sure, Serg.". He said. We said our own goodbyes and it was almost teary.

"So..." I said.

"So, I can't believe I will say this, but it was nice meeting you, Olean".

"Same here, Jade". I replied.

"I will look for you whenever I come to your town".

"I will do the same. Stay clear of the ruffians. I won't be there to save you all every time". I said. It brought the intended reaction. He laughed out loud.

"You bet. See you around, Ol". We hugged and Have ran off towards home, I guess.

"Are you ready to leave now? Do you have everything need?" Seargent Loreal asked. Of course not, I still haven't achieved my objective, I thought.

"Actually, I am famished and tired. I would appreciate a meal and some rest. I could go back tomorrow". Seargent Loreal seems to think about this for a while.

"It's okay. Tomorrow it is. Let's go get you food". Perfect. Seargent Loreal took me the mess's kitchen where he introduced me to a boisterous woman with a cheery face that reminds me of my mum. She introduced herself as Sia. Lovely name, I told her. From then on out, she made it her life mission to stuff my face till I could see no more. Then it was time to prepare dinner. I volunteered to help. it's the least I could do, I said, but Sia (she insists I call her that) refused to let me do a thing. However, she allowed me to sit in the kitchen while they work. "They" are herself and her two assistants, Vionca and Leo. Leo is not a boy like you think. Her full name is Leonora but everyone calls her Leo. They are quiet a lovely bunch and i enjoyed their company immensely. When dinner was over and I was ready to sleep on my feet, I said my goodnights and went to Seargent Loreal's apartment. He took me to the room that was prepared for me. He informed me we would have an early start. I thanked him and made my way to the soft fluffy bed. I needed to sleep awhile before going on my mission. Sides, I need the house to quiet down so I can move around more freely.

Instinctively, I woke up to the noise of the crickets. I yawned and stretched the slip on my slippers. I opened the door quietly, making sure I made little to no noise. Once I was outside the door, I looked around to ensure I was alone. The Militia mess here is just like the one we have back home, so it wasn't hard to make my way around. I found the Captain's office easily, creeped in and went through the files in his cabinets. Honestly, I have no idea of what I am looking for, but I am certain I would know once I see it.  The affinity between two clans should not be hard to find. I didn't find anything implicating. I even read some amusing reports from their spies, but there is nothing out of the ordinary. I sneaked back to my room and lay down for the night.

I was almost sad when Seargent Loreal came to get me in the morning. I quickly said my goodbye to Sia who was awake and left her msgs for Vionca and Leo. The walk back home with Seargent Loreal was not boring, but it wasn't as interesting as my walk yesterday with Jade. The treacherous road was quiet and empty today. No drama, no ruffian, I thought. I told Seargent Loreal what happened, he found it amusing. He said he just found something to tease Jade with. I kind of feel pity for Jade. Just a little. We got to my side of the forest and Seargent Loreal had to go back. I thanked him immensely before we parted ways. He offered to see me off further, but I promised him I was safe from here on out. We said our goodbyes and he left. He thought I had too, but I doubled back quickly and climbed one of the tallest tree. From there, I watched Seargent Loreal's retreat. I needed to be sure he got back to his side of the forest safe and sound. it would hurt me if anything were to happen to him. Once he crossed to the other side safely, I climbed down the tree and headed home.

Home sweet home. I gave an oral report to Captain Jia. Sam was still not back. I made sure to tell him of Captain Morgan and Seargent Loreal's kindness. I also did not fail to mention Sam's desertion nor is I forget to mention her betrayal. Captain Jia ordered me to take a rest, hand in my written report to Aba. He promised to take care of Sam and give her deserving punishment once she gets back her tell her side of the story. This did not anger me one bit. We all know Captain Jia to be a fair man, he would do what is right.