Shero?

Jade has to get to the other side of the long winding trail before dusk, this route is even more dangerous then. He looks about in trepidation. A quarter walk into the trail and he knew someone was following him but every time he looks back, he could not see anyone.

Jade hastened his steps almost to the point of running. If I hasten, maybe I'll get to the other side safely. What he didn't know was that there was another stalker on the high side of the trail following his every move. If only Lilian had followed me, I won't have to worry ceaselessly, he thought. He heard the footsteps behind him again, this time, his tail did not bother to conceal himself. He has a huge smirk and a very ugly scar across his right cheek.

Jade let out a high pitch squeak and ran. Not today, I'm not going to fall victim, not today. He ran with all his might. If I can just get to the other side, I'll be safe. He willed himself to run faster, but he soon realised that the person following him is also a good atlethe, because his pursuer is on his heels. He made a grab for Jade, but Jade evaded him. Jade saw the slope to the high ground up ahead. If I could get to high ground, maybe I can lose him later on, he thought. So he ran faster. When he got to the slope, he made for it. To his dismay, there was another ugly faced man running towards him from the high side.

Jade looked down to see the other man. Oh shit! I'm trapped, he thought. Some super powers or a hero would be highly appreciated right about now. He thought in desperation.

Olean saw the boy run up the high side, soon after the man chasing him followed suit. Big mistake, she thought. That man probably has a partner up there. Running from the opposite side, she was able to make out that the boy was being chased. The boy must not know much about this trail to have done something like that. Olean contemplated on what to do, save the boy or keep going? After all, she has a mission to complete. She also knows she would not be able to get rid of the guilt if  she found out later that something bad happened to the boy. Save the boy it is. Olean ran up the high side as queitly as she could, which was pretty easy because she is light on her feet. The boy was trapped in the middle of his attackers. Olean picked up a log of wood on her way up, she didn't give the attacker time to react to her intrusion. She wacked the one backing her on the head with all her strength. The man went down like a bag of potatoes.

My hero with the super powers, Jade thought. Thankful for the safe. He kicked the other man in the balls as he lunged for the girl that saved him. He ran past and grabbed the girl's hand.

"Thank you", he said as they made their way down the slope.

"You're welcome". She has such a nice voice. Jade thought dreamily. "But I'm going to the other side". Olean said, trying to wrench her hand free from the boy's grasp.

He must have been deaf or too light headed to hear, because the boy did not release Olean's hand. She had to dig her foot into the ground to make him stop. She couldn't deny the strength in his grasp.