The Shero's Hero

Captain Morgan had been trailing the Xaxa Clan for queit a long time. The Xaxa Clan are known for being notorious, unforgiving and despicable criminals. They turned a perfectly safe road to a highly dangerous road in such a short time that people are now afraid to walk done the road. Morgan had received several reports of crime on this road, so much that he decided to investigate the road himself. He could have sent his warriors, but he needed to capture at least one member of the ever elusive xaxa clan if he was lucky. lluding to the notorious storiesand reports he heard, he could not let any of his men take on the Xana Clan alone. He needed to do it himself.

Oh, he was lucky, alright. Few minutes to his walk, he saw a figure come out of the forest ahead of him. The person must have thought he was alone because he didn't look back to see if there was anyone behind him. Good for me, Morgan thought. He watched the figure walk casually, then faster, he would stop abruptly and hide behind a tree or walk into the forest only to emerge soon after.

Morgan realised the figure was stalking someone. When the figure broke into a run, Morgan did too. The stalker has become the prey, he smiled at himself. Morgan moved as close as reasonable so as not to alert the Stalker to his presence. He watched as the stalker ran up the slope after a boy. He was about to do the same when a girl stopped just by the slope, she seems to be in thought, then she  ran up the slope too. Morgan wondered if she is with the figure from earlier. He wanted to observe the scene unfolding in front of him before interfering. Who knows, it could be a trap and Morgan was not giving any chances to the Xanans, so he stood at a vintage point. He saw the girl picked up a log on her way up. He watched in amusement as she hit the man who was unfortunate to has his back to her, on the head, he went down without protest. So they were two. One of them must have been following the boy from up there. They must have been fixated on the boy not to have noticed either me or the girl, especially since i didn't particularly conceal himself.

Captain Morgan laughed when the boy kicked the other man in the balls before running back down the slope with the girl in tow. Now, these two knows how to take care of themselves. Morgan was impressed, judging their age to be between 16 to 17 moons. He knew they would get out of here well on their own, but together. He watched as the girl struggled to free herself from the boy's grasp gesculating with her free arm, then dug her heels into the ground halting the boy mid stride. Morgan decided to show himself then.

They stopped short when they saw him at the foot of the slope. Agitated, they made to run, but I called out to them.

"I would have wacked you on the head by now if I was one of them. I'm Captain Morgan by the way". I couldn't keep the amusement away from my voice. They stopped, but were hesitant.

"Who are you?" They asked at the same time. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"Captain Morgan of Gogo River". An array of expression flitted across the girl's face, but she soon resumed her stoic expression.

"Then maybe you can get him to the other side of the trail. I have somewher to be". Olean said with a bravado she was not feeling. This is the Captain of the Gogo River, the same clan she was meant to infiltrate and investigate. It won't do well to disclose my identity since we don't know who's side they are on.

"You both can make it to the end of the road, but together". Captain Morgan said.

"I merely helped him escape those ruffians, our roads are different. I have to be on my way now".

"What's your name, girl?"

"Olean". As much as olean wanted to be off to complete her mission, she couldn't help but admire Captain Morgan. She has had so many stories of his heroics and at some point he became Olean's super hero. Though she pretends to be in faced by his presence but she is very nervous, happy and giddy with excitement all at the same time. Yet, she kept her emotions in check.

"And you boy?"

"Jade"
Captain Morgan studied the girl for a while, he looked over at the boy who has not uttered a word other than his name, but has a reverent look just for the girl.

"Like i said earlier, you have to get to the other end of this trial together. It a dangerous road. Escort him to the other side of the trail and i will have someone escort you back to your other side of the trail. Give this..." Captain Morgan brought out his notepad, wrote some instructions in the back and handed it out to Olean. "...to seargent Loreal, he would take you back home if you like". Captain Morgan wanted the girl to help the boy home and some of his seargents to help the girl back since the two of them were  going in different directions before their path crossed. The girl took the note, thanked me and made off. Very perspective, I thought looking after them untill they were nothing but a tiny speck in my view. I sighed then.

Time to visit with the popular Xaxa clan members. I made my way up the slope and not surprising, only one of the men remain. I tied him up to the tree with my new toy rope. Every attempt to cut through it with any object other than the one I have in my hand will only make the rope tighter until it eventually cuts the victim into pieces, I had the impression that my prisoner is going nowhere, so I radioed his location in and orders some of my men to come pick him up. They know how to get him out since one of them also have a similar gadget. Time to find the other man.