Deserted

Some scouts had come back a day after Takuma killed the beast with news of attacks in other clans North of Sopia. The Captain had informed the King and the elders and our Captain had been instructed to make further investigation and gather more information. The captain had chosen some of us warriors to go scout. We were paired and given arres to map out. Plans were made, instructions given to us all before before each group embark on the perilous duty.

The walk had my mind wandering, even though we are just half way through. Sam already deviated from the plan more than once, chatting her own path to my dismay. Now i am in an unfamiliar territory, how do I get back home without Sam to help or watch my back?. The purpose of pairing is so we can watch each other's back in case of an attack oranynother unpleasantness. I regretted not asking to swap partners at the camp. I could have prevented being dumped by the one person who was supposed to care while on this mission.

"We need to stick to the plan, Sam. All the road has become even more dangerous since that girl killed the beast that threatened everyone during the Corale festival". People are seeing strange things around and people have being disappearing mysteriously. That is why we are sent out in pairs, hence my predicament with Sam. A lone scout who thinks she's too good to be paired with anyone, expecially the clutz of them all. That's me by the way, according to Sam. Trust me, the feeling is mutual, but unlike Sam, i know the importance of survival. I have a mother and a younger brother waiting for me at home and my demise is going to be painful for them. My family cannot endure another misfortun so soon. One misfortune is enough to rock our world and sweep us all off our feets forever, not in the most expected way, mind you.

The loss of my Dad is a constant reminder of why rules should be adhered to and why strong headedness can be foolhardy. Now, don't be mistaken. My dad was an amazing man, a strong warrior and an amazing father and husband. He was however too stubborn to listen to reason sometimes and that led to his death. I still miss him terribly, we all do. If he had listened to have a pair that day, he may still be alive today. Now I'm faced with a partner who doesn't want to work me and we are in an unmapped area. Not only is it dangerous for me, it is same for Sam, but she would not listen to reason. I failed to convince her as to why we need to stay together.

Sam scoffed, "I don't care for the rules and i don't care for you. You either stick to my plans or you're on your own". She said.

"You can't do that! We still have to check the Gogo River. How can we go home without doing that? Sides, this is not a route I'm familiar with and i told you befor you decided this is the best route to get to Gogo River. You are my eyes here".

"Bitch please. Go to Gogo River if you want, I'm going back now".

"You can't!" I said sternly.

"Watch me". Sam said and ran into the forest. I stood there stunned, then that turned into another emotion. I was terrified.

This area is known for it's nefarious activities. You just name it and it has happened here before and now I have to walk all by myself without the company of a strong warrior. I don't know what pissd Sam off, but we were on good terms before something changed and she decided to leave me half way to our destination. I don't even remember what the way to our destination, that's why I was paired with Sam in the first place. What am I supposed to do now? Sam is an amazing warrior, but her temper is notorious through out the clan. Once you trigger it, just know you're doomed for the duration it takes for her to calm. That could be a day or a year.

I decided to keep moving with or without Sam. Not to be stupid or to act brave, i needed to scout the Gogo River because we don't know where the Topians will hit from. The Gogoans have always been neutral in times of war, but the tide is changing and we need to be sure of our standing. We need to know if they would be allys or enemies. Gogoans are naturally peaceful and they avoid war at all cost, but like I said, the tide is changing. With the recent death of their former King and the ascent to the throne of his son, news not favourable to us has been in circulation.

Remember how I said my father is stubborn, well, i take after him. Even though i am a strong warrior in my own right, not to brag,i know my limits and an uncharted territory is not one of them. However, i have to complete this mission even if it means I will face whatever danger lays ahead head on.

I have never been to this part before but i heard stories from the other warriors and i know how those stories are never fabrications. The scouts have saved the clan from dangerous situations several times because of their fast and accurate informations. So I have no doubt when they said this route is dangerous. I was somehow at ease beaches i had Sam and I know the two of us could take on any adversary, but now that I have been ditched. I am having a serious bout of fear.

Aba emphatically told us walking in two is a defence on this long winding and always deserted road. He told us so many dangers lurk behind and we could never know when the attacks ould come, we should be on our guards always and never disrupt the two formation. Here I am, deserted by my partner, the best warrior I could have with me. She could be the best, but she's also in danger. What was she thinking running off like that? I was beginning to get furious. That's just selfish of her.

The clan elders taught us to think of our safety first in a all situations, no matter what. Olean looked around in fear, she readjusted her backpack and ran. If I run real fast, maybe I'll get to the other end in time, she thought.