XVII.

Robin's statement stabbed through Nightwing's heart. He couldn't lose his only brother as well. "Why not?" he managed to ask, words almost unable to leave his mouth. Robin's expression is stern and serious. "I will not return, no matter what anyone says. I can't," he says. Nightwing found no words to say to his brother. He knew the boy blamed himself for their father's death, but he didn't understand his point.

"Robin, why shouldn't you return back home? Give me one reason." Nightwing finally spoke. "You think I'll be able to look anyone in the eyes after this? Able to return back to the manor? To look at Al? To return to normal life? You can't expect that from me." Robin reasoned, but that did not satisfy Nightwing. "None of this is enough reason for me. Give me a reason why I should lose second, the only, brother I have?" he spat angrily.

Robin froze from his tone, Nightwing was never so angry towards him. He didn't want this. Of course, he did not want to leave his only family as well, but he knew the return would pain him more than leaving them. "I don't want to return because back home is so much pain for me, no happiness. Not anymore," he said and bowed his head. Nightwing grabbed his shoulders. "What are you talking about? You don't have to live in his shadow anymore, why there is no happiness in that?" Robin's head shot up. "Did you hear yourself? You just said you're happy he's gone!" he yelled and slid from Nightwing's grasp.

"You know I did not think it that way, come on Robin. You know-" "I know exactly what you meant! You hated being in his shadow! Just like second Robin did! Both of you hated staying under his wing, but I'm not like any of you! I loved him, yes he was stern but that was right to prepare us for what we'll meet on the streets! I enjoyed being by his side, as a son and as a sidekick!" he exclaimed angrily his fists tightly clenched. Nightwing stared at Robin with wide eyes but kept quiet.

Everyone else only watched as two brothers argued, Miss Martian and Kid Flash almost scared of what will happen next while the Ultimates looked only confused.

Finally, Robin turned to Ultimates. "It's your world, lead the way." Spider-Man nodded and his entire team took way to the Avengers Tower, Robin right behind them, and the rest of the Young Justice team behind Robin.

In the Tower, it became total chaos. Robin was giving orders on how to correctly build the machine. Most of the used skills were those of Nova and Spider-Man, who had the most experience with this type of machine. They also exchanged some knowledge. The others only stared as the three worked like a well-oiled clock without needing anyone else's help.

"Last thing we need is a computer chip and then hurry back home." Robin said spatting the word 'home' like a piece of lemon. "I think Mr Stark has some spare chips," Spider-Man replied and opened one big box from underneath the computer. He took out one chip. "Is this enough?" He asked. Robin only nodded and took the chip.

"If it works then we must hope it won't send us somewhere on the public. Because the machine will send itself with us." Robin said and looked over the finished machine.

"It looks like an elevator, no offence." Power Man says. "It is supposed to be like an elevator. This is no sci-fi where we have round travelling machines, we have to work with physics and a lot more." Nova answers. "No sci-fi? That says the boy who grew up with talking tree and racoon was his mentor." Spider-Man points out. "Don't you dare to offend them," Nova warned back in the most serious tone he managed. "Chill Bucket Head." White Tiger growled, these arguments were tiring her.

"That reminds me, we can not travel as long as Impulse is not conscious," Robin says without looking from the keyboard. "Why not?" Kid Flash asked confused. "Don't you know you should not travel anywhere by anything when you're unconscious?" Miss Martian asked back. Kid Flash looks at her suspiciously, Miss Martian can't keep a laugh from escaping her mouth. "I got that from Connor. Remember when he passed out on a Bioship and then was sick for two days?" she said between her laughs. Nightwing joins her laugh along with Kid Flash. "And poor Kauldur had to clean after him when he threw up in the living room." Kid Flash said loudly before laughing even louder.

Robin sighed at their childish behaviour. "Are they like this often?" Spider-Man asked. "Annoying, childish or unfathomable?" Robin asked back. Spider-Man raises an eyebrow. "I meant one second serious as death and a second later they're laughing like small children," he explains and leans on the machine. "This happens so often I can't even count it," Robin actually chuckles at the end before asking, "what do you say about a tour around New York?"