XIX.

Nightwing didn't know what to do, how to feel, what to think about. He was like something inside of him just died. His masked eyes scanned the outside world. Sun is shining and the city is bright, not like Gotham which is almost always dark and cloudy. This world is reminding him of the happiest days of his life.

But now he was not happy a little. His brother hit the nerve and Nightwing know he wanted this so he would hate him and let him stay. But for good of everyone, he must not let his anger overtake him now. His only father is gone and so is Tim's, but Tim is taking it much harder than his older brother. He knows Tim just needs time, just like he did when his biological father was murdered. But there is still the other option, but Nightwing would never allow that to happen.

A quiet moan wakes Nightwing from his thoughts, sharply he turned to Impulse. He's waking up. Nightwing walked up to his berth. "Impulse?" He addressed the boy who immediately jumped on his legs. "Wing? What are you doing here? Am I dreaming again?" "No, you're safe," Nightwing replied. Impulse sighed in relief. "Thank God, what happened to the villains?" he asked. "Avengers are taking care of them as we speak, they will not harm us now," Nightwing replied. Impulse smiled. "Awesome. And the others?" he asked more. "They wanted to get to know this place a little better," Nightwing replied. "What about we go to them?" Impulse asked, surprised Nightwing didn't know what to say, Impulse didn't know what had happened. 

But he nodded in agreement. "Okay, I think I know where they are, let's get something to change into and let's go." He forced a smile. Impulse smiles widely and rushes out of the room before running back a second back with his hands full of clothes. "Take these, I think they'll fit you." He said. Nightwing raises one eyebrow. "Where did you get these?" He asked. Impulse blushes a little. "I kinda borrowed them." Nightwing chuckles. "Better not ask, huh?" Impulse nodded and quickly changed, Nightwing does so as well. 

"Who could tell ginger juice will be the best juice I ever had?" M'gaan says before happily drinking her second ginger juice. The group laughs. "Like I said, best juices in New York," Sam says proudly of himself.

"Yeah, since we started to operate here it's even safer. People are not as afraid of going out as they used to be. Not like Avengers did a bad job, but there were some villains they overlook." Ava joins. "Yup, for example, Doc Ock." Luke agrees. "But Doc Ock came later, after that accident that happened." Peter points out. "An accident?" Tim asks curiously. "Well, he was unfocused in his work at the lab and that caused volatile liquids to explode. He came to contact mainly with radiation. The substances left him capable of mentally controlling his robotic arms. But it also caused irreversible brain damage and transformed the respected scientist into a megalomaniacal superhuman criminal. The end." Peter explains. Tim nods. "Some terrible accident," he murmurs.

"I remember when Bats and Robin began. Gotham was full of criminals and people barely left their homes at any day time. But now, when most of them are in Arkham or other jails, it's safer. People still fear to leave their homes after the night comes." Wally says. "People just need time to adjust. If they were for long corrupted by villains, then that bad feeling won't just leave." Peter replies with a soft smile before biting into his tuna toast. 

They've spent about half of an hour in the bistro before leaving for Central Park. "I have a question." Tim suddenly says during their walk to the Park. "And that is?" Sam asks back. "What is Rhodey's real name? I don't think it's his true name." Tim asks. "Rhodey is not his true name, it's a nickname. His real name is James." "Why didn't he introduce himself by his true name? I doubt they wouldn't ask if any of us introduced ourselves by a nickname." Tim asks, this somehow bothering his brain. Sam shrugs. "He's just like that." 

As they keep walking, two voices catch their attention. Tim turns back and sees his brother and Bart. A frown forms above his eyes, making a shadow over them as he turns back and keeps going forward followed by Sam and Danny who would stay with him so he won't get lost.

The rest of the group waits for Dick and Bart to catch up with them. "Look who's up." M'gaan jokes with a wide smile. Bart blushes and bows his head a little. "I must get it right with Tim, even when he can not stand my existence anymore," he says and looks up again in the direction the other boy went. "Maybe you should give him more time, Bart. I don't think it would end up well if you hurried on him, especially now." Wally points out.

Tim, Sam and Danny reached Central Park and chose an area with enough benches close to each other, so the entire group could sit. "Tim, I know it's hard, but you yourself said he's still on our side. Could you at least give him a chance to explain himself?" Danny asks after a tense silence. Tim lifts up from his position when his elbows rested on his knees and his head was bowed, and leans his back to the bench. "When I look at him, I see every possible way how father could've died. I feel pain from his betrayal that caused me and Dick home, father and role. The role is the less important." "Nightwing's real name is Dick?" Sam asks avoiding the topic. "His name is Richard, Dick is only a nickname he prefers to be called with." Tim answers.

"So, if you won't return to your world, what do you plan to do here?" Danny asks. That makes Tim think, that he hadn't thought about that yet. But he would probably make the hardest choice he ever made. "I would end up being Robin. Gave up my hero life," he answers in all seriousness. "Why would you do that? You are great in what you're doing and if anything our team will be here." Sam replies and lays a reassuring hand on Tim's shoulder. "Thanks, guys, this means a lot to me," Tim says with a smile.