IX.

"What is going on here?!" came a sudden stern and angry voice. Everyone froze and slowly looked up to see not happily looking Nick Fury. "Oh, hey Fury. We borrowed one computer." Spider-Man spoke up first. "Who allowed you that?" Fury asked angrily. "You did when you widen my access," Spider-Man replied. "Now I deeply regret doing it." "Can one bird ask for a while of silence? I'm trying to reach our world here." Robin said not looking away from the screen. "I almost have it..." he whispered until a big blue rectangle appeared on the holo screen. "YES!" he yelled jumping from the chair surprising everyone. "Dude, you gave me a heart attack." Power Man joked. "Sorry, but I did it! It's contacting the Watchtower as we speak." Robin replied happily.

A while later in the centre of the rectangle appeared a blonde woman in a black suit. "Canary! It's us Robin and Impulse!" Impulse said. "Boys? Where are you?" Black Canary asked surprised. "We're on Hellicarrier. A little ways from New York. The Light sent us here." Robin explained. Canary frowned. "I'll contact Doctor Fate and try to get you home," she said. "No, you can't do that now. The Light might send here some assassins from the Shadows. Besides, we found out the Light combined their force with home villains and Joker and Zoom." Robin pointed out.

Black Canary thought for a while. "Alright, can you send me the coordinates of the place you were teleported from?" she asked. "Of course." Robin nodded. Suddenly Canary's eyes moved to something behind the screen before looking back. "Robin, your brother wishes to talk to you." Robin nodded in response and she left the sight of the web camera.

A second later a black-haired man in a black suit with a red bird logo in the centre of his chest stepped in front of the screen. "Hi Robin." he started avoiding any eye contact. "Nightwing? What happened to your old costume?" Impulse asked. "I am no longer wearing it." "Why?" Robin asked confused. "Well, how to say it... A mission went wrong and, well, Bats... He didn't make it." Robin gasped and froze in place. "The Batman is dead?!" Impulse gasped. "Who?" Robin asked angrily clenching his fists.

"Deathstroke took us by surprise," Nightwing explained. Robin buried himself more into the chair he was sitting on. "Robin," Nightwing addressed his brother who slowly lifted his head up, "he wanted me to tell you he is sorry for what he did after... You know what I mean." "I do." was all Robin could say without his voice breaking. "Did the people notice he's gone?" Impulse asked. Nightwing nodded. "They did and they also noticed the connections between Batman and him. We said they died together but Batman's body was taken by the League, we don't know how long it'll take before they find out. Before it, I tried to hide out and took the cape but people recognized it was not him."

Everyone listened carefully to their conversation except for Robin who was out of his senses at the moment, he just lost his second father. "What about Agent A?" he had to ask. "For his own safety, he stays in the Watchtower. We're afraid the Light found the Batcave." Nightwing replied. "I'll send you the coordinates, see you soon." with that Robin ended the call before sinking back into the chair and covering his mouth with his hand. "Batman is gone," he whispered as he fought back tears. Impulse hung down his head. "I'm sorry, Rob," he said and laid a hand on the older boy's shoulder. Robin grabbed his hand to support himself.

"Batman was your mentor, right?" Spider-Man asked awkwardly. "Mentor and most importantly he was my father," Robin replied shakily. Everyone gasped, except for Fury. Robin stood up only to get hugged by Impulse. Robin hid his face in the other boy's chest while his fingers grabbed the back of the speedster's suit. Impulse rubbed his back gently feeling shaky breaths of his boyfriend. "It'll be alright," he whispered. Robin finally let the tears fall down freely, completely blocking his entire surroundings.

It took a few minutes but Robin pushed the mourning away and took off his mask. Impulse was surprised. Robin rubbed his eyes before looking at the team. His face was paler than normal which was almost impossible, and red tearful eyes. "I'm Tim. Guess my secret ID doesn't matter now. Since they know about Bats..." he said before sitting back in the chair and sending to the Watchtower coordinates of the place they were teleported from. After that, he walked out of the room.

"Wait, he doesn't know the Hellicarrier. He'll get lost." White Tiger pointed out. Impulse shook his head. "He won't. And I'm Bart. When Tim let you know his ID it would be stupid if I stayed behind. And don't worry about him getting lost. He'll show up when he wants to." he said his face missing his wide smile and a tear rolled down his cheek. "Batman was like a father to our entire Team. Cold-like as ice but warm at the same time. He cared but never showed it."

Spider-Man took off his mask. "I'm Peter. I think we should show you a room you'll stay in," he said. Bart nodded. "Thanks." "I think we can trust you with our ID as well. I'm Daniel, but call me Danny." Iron Fist spoke up. "I'm Luke, this is Sam." Power Man said and Nova took off his helmet. "And I'm Ava." White Tiger said at last.