XII.

When the air cleared all three of them were gone. Robin sunk to his knees holding a strong grip on his hair. Iron Fist was first half-kneeling by his side. Robin stared with wide eyes and a half-open mouth but with gritted teeth at the place where his now ex-boyfriend and the villans stood. His body started to shake hard when Iron Fist wrapped his arms around his neck and shoulders bringing him closer. "I'm so sorry Robin," he whispered. Feelings started to burn Robin's heart. Sadness, anger, guilt, hate. This all felt like a giant boulder on Robin's shoulders.

"Come, we'll help you to your room." Iron Fist said and helped Robin to his feet before leading him into the room he was supposed to share with Impulse. "There are some clothes in the closet so if you want to change you can. This door in the corner leads to your private bathroom. Dinner is at 7 pm. If you need anything we'll be in the common room." Spider-Man showed Robin the room before he led the entire team out to let Robin have some privacy.

"Poor Tim, an hour ago he found out his father was killed and now he finds out his friend is a traitor," Luke said and took off his glasses. "It sounded more like they were more than friends. Remember what Ra's said. They had a very close relationship." Danny pointed out. "Like a love relationship. I've noticed that as well." Ava added. "Even worse. Can you imagine how he feels?" Peter replied. "Somehow I don't want to leave him alone right now." Sam joined. "Someone definitely should stay with him." Ava agreed.

"I can stay here while you help Fury to fix up what was damaged," Danny suggested. "Alright, we'll be on the landing platform or in the communication centre. We have the comms in case." Peter replied. Danny nodded just to give them a signal to leave.

Danny knocked on Tim's door a while after the others left. "Tim, it's me, Danny. Can I come in?" he asked. "Y-Yeah, come in." came a hiccuped answer. Danny opened the door and walked in before closing them again. "How do you feel?" he asked gently. Tim sat on his bed still in his uniform his back to another teen. "Why did he do it?" Tim asked through his sobs. Danny walked up to him and sat next to him. Tim looked up to Danny who looked back at him. Danny's emerald green eyes met Tim's teary steel blue. "I-I loved him..." Tim whispered before he started to choke on his own sobs.

Danny wrapped his arms around him and brought him closer to support him even when he tensed at the new touch. "I am sure he had some reason for what he did," he whispered. "I hope... But, knowing he's the reason my father is dead..." from now Tim was unable to speak due to new tears coming out. Finally, Tim leaned into the other boy's touch and relaxed on his chest feeling the warmth coming from the other's chest. Danny locked his fingers into Tim's hair and laid his shaking head on his chest. "I want to go home and forget about this ever happened... This must be only a bad dream." Tim whispered. "I wish it was, friend," Danny replied. Tim sighed. "I was so blind..."

Suddenly Sam rushed into the room. "Tim, your friends want to talk to you," he said harshly and out of breath. Tim was confused but put on his mask and stood from the bed and left the room followed by both Sam and Danny.

In the communication centre was projected a huge holo screen. On the screen was Tim's brother, but now in his old costume. "Robin?" Nightwing addressed his brother when he noticed how broken his expression is his eyes seem wider. "What happened, Nightwing?" Robin asked trying to push aside all of his feelings like he usually does. "The Light transported themselves to your dimension. I wanted to inform you about that." Nightwing replied. Robin broke the eye contact. "Is something wrong?" Nightwing asked when the silence lasted for too long. Spider-Man took the word seeing Robin is unable to face his brother.

"They attacked us not long ago. Along with some of our own villains." Nightwing turned to see him. "And you are?" the older boy asked suspiciously. "Spider-Man, leader of the Ultimates. These are my teammates - Nova, White Tiger, Iron Fist and Power Man." Spider-Man introduced his team. "Thank you for accepting Robin and Impulse in your lines." Nightwing thanked with a soft smile. "Impulse is no more a friend." Robin finally spoke up with a venomous tone. "Why? What happened?" Nightwing asked confused but alerted. "Impulse betrayed us, he was a double agent working for the Light," Robin explained doing his best not to break down.

Nightwing's eyes widen but a second later he looked ready to kill someone, he could imagine how his brother feels. He knew how close they were. "I'm contacting Doctor Fate immediately. Expect my arrival." with that the call ended. Robin bowed his head. "What is it, Tim?" Sam asked. "I should've managed this situation by myself. I am supposed to be the Boy Wonder who is supposed to handle everything without the Batman or Nightwing. My brother shouldn't have found out." the addressed boy replied ashamed of himself.

"Tim, no one is perfect. Noone can expect things like this from you. Not now when you are going through such a hard time." Ava replied. "Batman was the second father I lost, and I played a role in both of their deaths. My biological father was murdered because I wasn't there in time, I knew what is going to happen but I was too slow. And now... Batman is dead because I allowed myself to let my guard down. That's the answer for you Fury," Tim turned to Fury, "I've broken Bat rules 1, 5 and 12."