XV.

Impulse walked slowly behind the Demon's Head, he knew what the villains plan to do with him and he doesn't like it a little. A small voice in the back of his mind told him Robin won't let anything happen to him, but after all that happened, he doubted it. "Move it, mutant scum!" one of this world's villains growled at him right before slapping his back causing him to almost fall to the ground from the force the man used for the slap.

"Kraven, don't damage the power source of our portal." Ra's told the man with a glare. "Calm it, al Ghul." Kraven spat back. Ra's ignored his comment, he had better things to think about than a stupid hunter.

The young speedster was honestly horrified by what stood in front of him. He knew what it will cost him and that scared him. He's about to end up like his uncle once did, but for him, there is no way back. But what the most scared him was what would happen to his friends and family after all of this is done, after the villains get what they work to get. He was thinking about Robin, his betrayed expression when he found out Impulse just used him. But it was not like that.

Impulse truly loves Robin and this was not the way he wanted to end. He wouldn't be surprised if he never forgives him for what he had done, he's the reason Robin's second father and mentor is dead. There is no way someone could ever forgive him, no way he could ever forgive himself. Yes, if he refused they would kill his family and he would be wiped from existence, it would change the entire timeline he tried so much to save.

Avengers Tower was coming closer. Impulse suspected Avengers won't let them get what they want. He thought the Avengers will win against these villains, but not even Batman was ever able to beat Ra's al Ghul.

His hopes were back in a moment he saw a yellow and red blur sprinting toward them, he immediately recognized who it is. Villains stopped in their walk and Ra's stood in front of the group. He was surprised to see Kid Flash in front of him. "I suspect you get there thanks to a sorcerer," he said a little bit surprised. Kid Flash smirked. "Do you know any better way?" he teased.

Behind Kid Flash appeared another hero from the other world. She was levitating by his left side. "You won't get what you want," she said. Impulse could feel heartwarming when he saw Nightwing jumping from a Quinjet followed by the Avengers and the Ultimates. He knew they will come. Robin was between them, his expression the darkest Impulse had ever seen from him, even Batman would be scared by that hatred in his masked eyes.

"I see you have called an aid from the homeworld, lad," Kraven growled clenching his fists. "Unfair, boy blunder! No cookie for you!" Joker joined the hunter. Robin took out his bo staff. "I'm not playing your games, we have our own rules." he spat back. Impulse felt getting smaller under his words, hate, was all he heard in that. For a second Robin looked like Batman.

Ra's took out a blade. "We will go over corpses if we have to," he warned his frown almost reaching his nose. "We've already heard that." Nightwing hissed taking his escrima sticks out of his belt. Both sides were ready to fight for their thing. Both had enough courage to fight. But no fight was needed.

Impulse couldn't let them fight over him. With the speed of light, he sprinted around the villains. One lap in nano secs. With each of his steps, villains loosen more and more oxygen. As some of them started to choke, Impulse felt his sprint slowing down due to the lack of food he had gotten before this, he couldn't last much longer.

Until his strength gave up and he started to collapse. His legs tripped over some bricks and his body started to fall down from the roof. Already unconscious he couldn't even register what was happening, he couldn't even feel one arm catching his light form before laying him carefully on hard ground in a side alley. 

"You're going to be alright, just stay with me. This time, stay with me."

Yeah, yeah I know I let you wait for a long time and now this short chapter came out. Sorry, I wanted it to be longer but I can't write about fight scenes, not at all, so I had to improvise. The next chapter will be better, I hope. Hopefully, it'll come out next week.