I.

Robin grunted when he hit a hard and sharp surface, chest first, that knocked all air from him. Suddenly something fell on him causing him to grunt again.

He carefully stood up trying not to move with his injured boyfriend. "Impulse? Can you hear me?" he asked and knelt next to him. The younger boy opened his eyes, and a few tears of pain rolled down his pale face. "Don't worry, buddy. I'll help you." Robin said and took off his cape and ripped it into two one bigger and one smaller piece. The smaller piece he pressed against the wound to stop the bleeding. Impulse whined in sharp pain. "I'm sorry." Robin apologized and wrapped the second piece of his cape around the wound.

Then he finally looked around and stared with wide eyes. They were in a city, but not to him the known city and he knew all cities close to Gotham. This one was noisy and bright and they both were on a building with gravel on the roof. No building in Gotham has gravel on the roof. "Where the hell are we?" he asked himself before turning back to his boyfriend. "I'll move you into a shadow. It's too hot out here on the sun," he said before sliding his arms below Impulse lifting him carefully. Impulse shook from the pain of the sudden move.

Robin sat him in a shadow under an air vent. "What now?" Impulse asked quietly. Robin looked around scanning their surroundings carefully. "I... I don't know. But we should try to contact the others. If Queen Bee was right and we are indifferent dimension we have to return quickly. But first I have to take care of you. The wound looks clean but it can get infected." "Give me two days and it'll heal. Superfast healing, remember?" "But now you have no strength for anything."

Suddenly they both heard a pair of footsteps coming their way. Robin took out his bo staff while turning to the sound. He saw two men standing dangerously close to them. "Who are you?" he asked. Two men exchanged looks before one of them, who had a blue suit with red and white stripes on his belly, blonde hair, blue eyes and circle shield, spoke: "My name is Captain America. This is Dr Bruce Banner, we're the Avengers, protectors of the world. Who are you?" he seemed nice to Robin but he kept cautious. "I'm Robin, protégé of Batman. And this is Impulse protégé of the Flash," he said slowly.

"Batman? Flash? Where are you from?" Dr Banner asked. "I'm from Gotham City and Impulse is from Metropolis. We're not from... We're not from this dimension." Robin replied unsure what to say. "What do you mean by that?" Captain asked confused. Robin hid his staff and half-knelt next to Impulse. "Can't this wait? My friend needs immediate help," he said urgently. Dr Banner nodded. "Yes, of course. Take him inside," he said. Robin slid his arms under Impulse lifting him carefully.

Dr Banner led them inside of the building while Captain walked next to two teenagers. "How did that happen?" he asked mentioning the wound. Robin pressed Impulse's head to his chest more. "We went with our team on a mission. We were supposed to get information from a villain association called the Light. But they led us two into a trap. They built a machine that allows people to travel through dimensions but they didn't test it so they used us. One of the rules was a whole league of assassins and two of them, well, got us inside. One of them stabbed his katana into his shoulder." Robin explained.

"Isn't it irresponsible to send children to a battlefield?" Captain asked irritation tensed in his words. "Our team is full of teenagers. Impulse is one of the youngest. We've faced bigger threats than these guys, like alien invasion, these just got us unprepared." Robin replied. Captain studied him carefully with his eyes.

"Alright, lay him here, our best doctor will take care of him." Dr Banner said as they walked into a huge room full of hospital beds. Robin laid Impulse on the closest bed carefully. Impulse's green eyes scanned his surroundings. "Don't worry, I'm here, I won't leave you," Robin said to calm him down. Impulse nodded. "Do you think we'll get back home?" he asked quietly. Robin sighed and looked away. "I don't know."

"Robin," Captain addressed the young boy, "I'll take you to our common room. rest of the Avengers wishes to talk to you." "I won't leave Impulse," Robin replied standing his ground. "Doctor Cho needs space for work, your friend will be in the best hands in New York. Please, come." Captain pressed. Impulse mixed his fingers with Robin's causing the older boy to look at him. "Go, don't worry about me." he smiled. Robin sighed and turned to Captain. "Will you wait outside, please?" he asked, blonde man nodded hesitantly and left.

Robin turned back to Impulse and kissed his forehead. "If anything, you know what to do," he whispered. Impulse smiled widely. "Of course, my Wonder Boy. Now go before he gets suspicious." he hurried and cupped Robin's cheek with his uninjured hand. Robin leaned into his soft touch before it disappeared and he left the room. "If you try something I'll not hesitate to use force." he hissed at the doctor he passed with the best Bat glare he could.

"Can we go now?" Captain asked when Robin walked out of the room. The young boy nodded and followed the muscular man through white shiny halls. "So, Avengers are this world's most powerful heroes?" Robin asked. "Yes," Captain replied simply. Robin nodded thinking of the name. Avengers.