XIII.

Suddenly a yellow portal opened a few meters away from the group and three figures walked through it before it closed. Tim immediately recognized his brother, Kid Flash and Miss Martian. Guilt in him only rose so he had to bow his head to avoid any eye contact as his teammates walked closer. "Robin? Hey, buddy." Nightwing addressed his brother and laid a hand on his shoulder. Robin gritted his teeth pushing away the need to scream with all his might and hide to cry his heart out.

"Greetings friends, my name is Miss Martian, but you can call me M'gaan and these are Kid Flash and Nightwing. We're teammates of Robin." Miss Martian took the word. "Nick Fury, director of S.H.I.E.L.D. and owner of this ship." Fury replied and shook hands with all three newcomers. Then Martian's amber eyes moved to the team. "I'm Spider-Man, leader of the team. And these are White Tiger, Iron Fist, Nova and Power Man." Spider-Man introduced himself and his team. "It's pleasure to meet you all." Miss Martian said with a soft smile on her green face.

"Well, we heard what happened with Impulse. Do you know anything closer that could help us?" Nightwing spoke up. "It was like from some bad movie. In one second he and Robin fought side by side and in another Impulse stood next to that boogie in a green and golden robe." Spider-Man replied. Martian and Kid Flash changed looks, and Nightwing frowned deeply. "Impulse would never betray us, he came to change his future for good. Something had to happen." Kid Flash said. "It's Ra's al Ghul we're talking about, of course, something must've happened. He had to blackmail him, it's something he does." Miss Martian replied with a hint of anger in her voice.

"From my contacts, I know there were threats towards his family. Certainly at his grandmother. That could be it. We know Impulse would never betray us on his free mind," Nightwing said turning on his holo glove showing some blackmailing letters, "KF, you've noticed nothing?" Nightwing turned to his friend. "No, even though I went to visit them pretty often recently and I got no threats." the addressed boy replied. "The Light probably knows you're related and they needed him to be silent before their plan goes in motion." Miss Martian said. "It already did, thanks to him they knew where the Batcave is. After they murdered Batman they blew up manor above it." Nightwing pointed out with a deeper frown covering his masked eyes.

Robin covered his mouth with his hand and tightly closed his eyes. "It's not your fault, little brother. You couldn't know." Nightwing said his expression changing into soft and caring before he hugged his brother. Robin grabbed Nightwing's arms for support. Miss Martian and Kid Flash changed looks again. "We have to find them before they do something, the Light didn't come here to only manipulate Impulse. They always have a bigger plan hidden behind the first one." Miss Martian pointed out. "Besides, if they threaten Impulse's family, then they can still be after them and since we're relatives..." Kid Flash added. "I never knew Ra's is obsessed with speedsters." Nightwing pointed out.

"That's it! We're speedsters. The Light can use his speed. Remember what happened with the Reach?" Kid Flash yelled throwing his arms in the air. "Uhm, excuse me. What is Reach?" Spider-Man spoke up nervously. Nightwing took the role of explaining. "Reach is an alien kind. They tried to conquer our Earth with help of the Light, we fought them for a long time. They created a thing they call 'Scarab'. It's designed to parasite on the human body. One of us is in connection with the Scarab. The reach kidnapped him along with those we call meta and tried to duplicate their powers. Needed to say they did not succeed."

The ultimate team stared at Nightwing with wide eyes. "Aliens also tried to take over our world but none of them tried to duplicate the powers of our mutants." Nova gasped. "If you have forgotten, Taskmaster duplicated our powers." Iron Fist finally spoke up. "But he's not an alien." Nova pointed out.

"Okay, let's push this topic away and try to focus on the task at hand. We can only guess what villains plan to do. And if they want to use Impulse and maybe his speed for something. There are some places capable to manage such strong energy." Iron Fist turned his attention to four visitors. "Places like?" Kid Flash asked. "Avengers Tower is the closest one," Spider-Man replied tapping his chin. "Avengers know Impulse, they'll trust him with whenever he'll try to do," Robin said.

"They might want to repeat the Flash's incident. If they succeed in it, they can create a world of their own. But that means..." Miss Martian cut Kid Flash off. "That would destroy our and your timeline." everyone gasped, this is the worst scenario they could hear about. "We can't allow that. That would also kill Impulse because he's not like the Flash and his body wouldn't make it." Robin frowned angrily.

"We have to contact Avengers." Spider-Man decided. "Yeah, quickly. We have to get there before the Light does." Kid Flash hurried.