XVIII.

"Alright, kiddos, since we have some time now, I suggest we relax a little. We can show you some awesome places around New York, even if Impulse is up." Spider-Man said, getting everyone's attention. Nightwing doesn't look accepting, but his two friends accept with nods. "Come on, Wing. It'll be fun." Kid Flash said and wrapped his arm around Nightwing's neck playfully.

Next Robin's action surprises Nightwing and his friends. Robin takes off his mask. "They know my ID, if you want to hide yours, I won't push you. But keeping mine in a secret is pointless." He explained. "You told them your ID?" Nightwing asked shocked. Robin rolled his eyes. "We're in a world not of our own. It doesn't matter, especially when he's gone." He answers and hides his mask in his belt.

"Well, if you're going with us then you'll need some civil clothes. We can find you some." Spider-Man said. "That would be great, I don't think going outside in this won't drag any attention." Kid Flash replied. Nova crosses his arms. "And for you Miss Martian, people of New York do not accept aliens too kindly." He said. Miss Martian nodded. "Why not? Don't they just accept other life forms?" Kid Flash immediately reacts. "New York had faced aliens dozens of times, all of the enemies, well except for one, but it keeps a permanent scar." White Tiger explained.

"You wouldn't believe how hard it was even for my mother to accept my father was not from Earth when she found out," Nova said. He got some confused looks after this but no one asked. Miss Martian changed into her human look, leaving the Ultimates staring in awe. "You may call me M'gaan. Since Robin believes you with his name, I have no reason not to." She said.

Next Kid Flash took off his mask. "Wally." He introduced himself. Nightwing is watching them with crossed arms. "Come on, Wing. Don't be grumpy." Wally poked his friend while saying it. "Someone has to stay with Impulse." That is all Nightwing said and kept his stone-hard expression.

Ultimates exchanged looks and all of them took off their masks. "My name is Peter, and these are Sam, Danny, Ava and Luke." Spider-Man introduced himself and his friends. 

"Nice to meet you guys. Now, do you have some bistro nearby? I'm starving." Wally asked. "Yeah, one is only a street away," Luke replied. "Thank God! It feels like years since I have eaten." Wally exclaimed. "You're always hungry," M'gaan commented. "Hey, I'm a speedster and I need to get the energy somewhere," Wally replied.

A group of friends walked through the streets of New York until they reach a bistro. Wally immediately wants to buy the entire store, but M'gaan holds him away while Tim, Peter and Danny go to get their food.

"The blonde is not much talker, right?" M'gaan asks when they finally find a table big enough for them all to fit. "He's not. But he's nice." Ava replied. Luke and Sam exchanged looks which Ava commented with a deep frown. "Tim never was much talker eighter. It took us a long time to make him talk to us. Nightwing helped us with it the most." Wally joined. "That is true and then Bart appeared and he completely changed." M'gaan continued. "Yeah, I would never think of my cousin from the future and Tim, son of Batman, becoming a couple. But it was a nice surprise for us all. Even Bats was proud of him, maybe because Tim told him out loud how he feels about Bart and played no secret." Wally said almost dreamily, M'gaan smiled. 

"Wing doesn't know how big a mistake he had done when he refused to go with us," Tim said when he, Peter and Danny arrived with food. "Indeed the food here is delicious." Danny agreed with a wide smile. "That's right, we're here almost all the time we are not in school nor Hellicarrier, they know us here pretty well," Peter added and took a seat. Tim gave food to M'gaan and Wally before sitting down himself.

Wally almost swallowed his entire baguette without any bitting from hunger. "If you start to choke, I'll not call you an ambulance," Tim said and bit into his sandwich. Wally chuckled. "No worries, Tim. I have been worse." He replied. "Why am I not surprised?" Tim asked jokily.

"Maybe we could show you, Central Park. It's a beautiful place. A huge area of grass and trees." Danny suggested. "Yeah, Central Park is great, even after our fights against Sinister Six." Peter jokes and Ultimates laugh silently at their inner joke. "When we fight, always something blows up or burns down," Wally commented. "Yeah, last time that lab. It was almost unbelievable how huge the fire was." Tim replied. M'gaan shivered at that memory. "What's wrong, M'gaan?" Ava asked. "I'm allergic to fire, as all Martians." She answered. Ultimates change looks surprised about this new knowledge.

"And the worst thing is that villains know it. They know almost all of our weaknesses." Tim said. "Yeah, except for yours and Wing's," Wally replied. "One villain knows far well. And he knows how to hit the nerve precisely." Tim pointed out with an empty look in his steel-blue eyes. Everyone, knowing what he meant, stay quiet for a while to avoid anything on this topic.

"What would you say to a juice? They have the best here of all around New York." Sam suggested breaking the tense silence. "Juice sounds like the best idea I have heard today, except for the food," Wally replied immediately. "Then come with me, we'll get for all," Sam said and stood up from his seat, followed by Wally. "What kind do you want?" Sam asked. "Suprise us, guys," M'gaan said excited about the juice. She liked the juices as well but only a few knew.

"So Tim, how do you feel about getting home?" M'gaan asked, she heard what he had said to Nightwing but she couldn't believe Tim wouldn't return home. "I've already said it, I can't return home. There is so much pain, more than beauty. Only pain is waiting for me back home. Plus, how can I even look into someone's eyes? I was not even there, I was stupid enough to get caught by Savage so he could send us here. I wasn't there when it happened, and I can't face the consequences." Tim replied studying the table carefully. "I understand, but what about the Team? What about Agent A?" M'gaan asked again. "Team is good enough without me, Batgirl is more than perfect to take over my role. And Agent A, I believe he will understand. Not many people lose two fathers." Tim answered every word as painful as a stab through the heart.