XIV.

Quinjet landed on Avengers Tower's heliport and nine heroes rushed out. Robin run first, as the fastest of the group due to the situation adrenalin fully overtook his body. He didn't care for anything he run through the corridors of the Tower until he found the first Avenger walking slowly in front of him.

"Clint!" he screamed and run into the poor archer. "Robin?! What did I do?!" Hawkeye snapped. "The Light has Impulse! They plan to use his speed! We must lock down the Tower!" Robin explained loudly while holding tightly the archer's shoulders. Clint hardly understood his fast speech but he deduced from his tone and behaviour it was something serious. "Robin, calm down and explain it slowly," he said and noticed a big group catching up with them. 

"Impulse is in hands of the Light, we must lock down the Tower. They want to use his speed to destroy this timeline." Robin explained slowly. The archer looked shocked. "They are not here yet," he said. "Take us to Tony, we have to try to locate them," Spider-Man said. Hawkeye nodded and led them into a lab where almost all Avengers stood.

"Robin? Spider-Man? What brings you here?" Captain America asked. "The light has Impulse, they want to use his speed to open a portal back to our dimension," Robin explained. "How did the Light get to him?" Tony asked. Robin froze, thankfully Spider-Man took the word. "They attacked the Hellicarrier." it was a simple but full answer to Tony's question. "I see, what do you need from us?" Tony asked. "Most likely they're heading here because this Tower has the strongest power source in the city, plus Impulse's speed, it would open the portal. We need you to secure the Tower and everything they could use to use the speed." Nightwing spoke up firmly walking to his brother's side and laying a hand on his shoulder.

"You are Nightwing I assume," Natasha said with a side look at Robin's brother. "I am, and these two are Miss Martian and Kid Flash," Nightwing replied plus introduced his friends. "Securing the Tower is not a problem, I'll tell JARVIS and we'll cut off the power source," Tony said and walked up to his main computer. "JARVIS cut off the power source and put the Tower under lockdown immediately," he said. "Right away, sir." came a robotic voice that made three newcomers flinch. "Thanks, JARV," Tony replied. "Uhm, may I ask what was that?" Miss Martian asked. "JARVIS is Tony's artificial intelligence. And pretty much butler." Bruce replied. "Interesting, something like in Mount." Kid Flash pointed out. "Pretty much, but JARVIS is pretty much his own 'person' unlike Mount's," Robin replied.

"What are we gonna do now? Just wait for them to appear?" Nova asked and folded his arms. "No, Vandal knows us better than any other villain. He surely supposes us to do those measures and have some backup plan." Nightwing replied clenching and releasing his fists in nervousness. "Is there any other place they can use? Some high productive power station or something like that?" Miss Martian asked. "No, not really, at least none of them is at least close to this Tower's power. Maybe Hellicarrier, but its power source is a lot weaker than this Tower's." Bruce answered.

"But wait, we left the Hellicarrier unsecured and Fury's agents appeared to not be able to fight the Light." Robin suddenly pointed out. "But there is no place they could use for Impulse's speed. Not even labs are powerful enough." White Tiger said. Heavy silence corrupted the air as everyone thought of possible options. Before Robin spoke breaking the silence. "If there is still a chance Impulse is with us, then he can lead them somewhere where we could get them all." 

"We have to stop the Light and the Sinister Six before anything happens. The night is still young and if they're villains like ours then they'll arrive around midnight when fewer people are around." Nightwing said. "Fewer people around by midnight? In what world do you live? Around midnight the city awakens." Tony replied loudly. "At night? People are afraid to leave their houses after the sunset in our world in most of our cities." Nightwing answered Tony's question.

"Sir, a helicopter just landed two buildings away." JARVIS suddenly announced. "Any camera nearby?" Tony asked. "Sure sir," JARVIS replied and a big holo screen appeared in the centre of the room. On the video were seven full-grown men and one child - Impulse. "Vandal Savage, Ra's al Ghul, Joker and Deathstroke. The others I assume are from the Sinister Six?" Miss Martian said frowning at the number of the villains. "Yeah, Doc Ock, Scorpion and Kraven the Hunter. They're probably there to watch everything go smoothly, the rest might be hidden somewhere." Spider-Man said with a frown and folded arms.