Valentine's day special: part 3

Momo was excited. It was Valentine's day and she couldn't wait to surprise her little datemate with a valentine's day date! She knew Jirou wasn't all too found of Valentine's day, their parents not accepting them as non-binary or gay, not that they knew they were dating Momo. But she knew they'd love her surprise for them.

Momo was just finishing putting up the rest of the lights. She had already arranged the food and the blanket. This should work, afterall, Jirou should be here any minute.

"Momo?"

Momo turned around at the sound of Jirou's voice. They looked mesmerized by the lights. And Momo found them mesmerizing in turn.

"Hello, darling" Momo stood up. "Are you ready for our Valentine's night date?"

Jirou nodded. "Momo, it's so pretty."

Momo smiled sweetly and gave them a hug. "Come on. Let's eat."

Jirou followed her to the blanket. "Here," they said, "I got you this."

Momo was handed a red basket with a yellow-golden bow. It reminded her of the colors of her hero costume. Inside there were chocolates, a variety of different teas Momo had been wanting to try, and a little black book. Momo picked up the book, flipping through it to see pictures of her and Jirou. They were all scrapbooked in with hearts, quotes, little mentions of what they did that day, and there were even a few pages of what seemed to be song lyrics that Jirou had written.

"Jirou... it's perfect. Thank you so much." Momo said as she pulled them in for a kiss.

Jirou blushed. "You're welcome."

After they ate, Momo pulled Jirou down beside her, pointing out different constellations and smiling when Jirou mentioned different songs or bands that were based off of the stories behind those constellations. And when Jirou fell asleep on her, Momo pulled them closer, putting a little kiss on their forehead.

"Happy Valentine's day, darling."

Have I ever mentioned that I want a Momo?