Not A Cliché Ferriswheel

There were lights everywhere as the UA students walked into the festival. Food stands lined the edges of the park with games and a few rides scattered throughout the greenspace. Bakugou hooked his pinky in Midoriya's, making them walk side by side as their class rushed to the nearest food stand.

"Ok!" Iida shouted, "everyone! Make sure you are always in groups of two or more! We do not need anyone getting lost or injured! Uraraka! No eating five funnel cakes! And Kaminari! No short-circuiting and blowing the power!"

The students ran off, Iida following Uraraka and Todoroki, still shouting out commands. Bakugou pulled Midoriya behind the cart, looking over his shoulder to make sure they weren't seen.

"Kacchan?"

Bakugou grinned down at Midoriya. "I wanted to make sure there weren't any extras following us."

Midoriya blushed a little as Bakugou pulled him to the nearest festival game, a game where you used a toy rifle to shoot down ducks on a conveyor belt.

"I bet I can beat you, nerd!"

"No way Kacchan!"

They picked up the two rifles and began shooting, the points on the electronic board increasing with each hit. Bakugou pouted when Midoriya ended up with the most points... winning by a single shot.

"Awww, Kacchan." Midoriya nudged him, "You know I love festival games."

"Yeah, yeah, nerd. But I'm beating you on the ring toss!"

The two couldn't stop laughing as they ran around to each game, tying their wins every few games, and ducking behind different stands everytime they saw one of their classmates.

"Kacchan! Kacchan! Let's go on the ferris wheel!"

Bakugou smiled down at him, their hands clasped together. "Sure, nerd. Who knows maybe we'll be at the top when the fireworks start."

The ferris wheel slowly moved, bringing the boys closer and closer to the top. They could see their classmates all standing on a hill, waiting for the fireworks to start. Their box hit the top, pausing before heading back down.

"Awww. We didn't get the fireworks at the top."

"Eh, that's ok, nerd."

BOOM. The first explosions of fireworks shook the sky, lighting it up with brilliant flashes of red and white and gold. Each firework adding a new color to the sky. Bakugou couldn't help but stare at Midoriya. Each newly exploded firework lit up his emerald eyes with light.

"Hey nerd."

Izuku turned to him, "yeah Kacchan?"

"It might be a bit cliché," he said, leaning forward, "but can I kiss you?"

A brilliant blush spread across Midoriya's face as he nodded. Bakugou reached up, holding Midoriya's face in his hand, and pulled his face towards his, initiating their first kiss.

"That was perfect." Midoriya said as they pulled away.

"Yeah," Bakugou said, staring at Midoriya, "you are."

"K-Kacchan!" Midoriya turned red.

Bakugou and Midoriya avoided their classmates for the rest of the night, finding a quiet place to watch the rest of the fireworks, before heading back to the dorms to watch a movie and play some video games.

Uhhhh I'm getting votes and comments? Thank you!!! I'm happy to know someone is enjoying this story! Also, someone remind me why I decided on college? Like, I have two papers due tomorrow for finals and one is a 10-12 page paper completely in french. I hope everyone is having a good week and is powering through school! It's almost Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/other holidays I don't know about but people will be celebrating so I hope they're excited for it!