Class 1-B is Underrated

Monoma was shaking. He really didn't want to do this. Okay... he did, but he also really didn't want to get blown to the moon. He checked his watch for the millionth time. Only a couple more minutes until class 1-A was seated and ready for him. Monoma leaned his head back against the wall.

I can do this. He breathed out slowly. He pictured Aoyama's smile, the kiss on the cheek he gave him before heading to class this morning, the you'll be fine whispered in his ear. Monoma really hoped his boyfriend wasn't alienated after today. Maybe it would be better to try and not mention their newfound romance. If 1-A decided to kick Aoyama to the curb because of his behavior, Monoma didn't think he would be able to forgive himself.

Present Mic put his hand on his shoulder. "It's time."

Monoma took a breath and opened the classroom door. He watched as Aoyama gave him an encouraging smile and the rest of class 1-A's faces fell. Bakugou and Midoriya looked particularly murderous. Monoma gulped. I guess I die today.

"Hi." He said.

"What the fuck is this rabid shit doing here?!" Bakugou said, glaring at him.

"I'm here to apologize."

Bakugou's face froze in an expression of disbelief and what looked to Monoma like confusion.

"What?"

"I'm here to apologize. My words and actions were out of line. I let my feelings of jealousy at being forgotten while class 1-A got all the attention overtake me. And I took it too far." He turned to Bakugou and Midoriya. "I would like to apologize to both of you in particular. I was out of line calling Bakugou a villain and saying that Midoriya only got to where he is because he's All Might's favorite. I know that isn't true. And I hope you both know that."

Class 1-A sat there, mouths open, completely speechless.

Then Midoriya looked thoughtful. "What do you mean 'being forgotten?'"

Monoma looked at him and blinked. "Class 1-A gets a majority of the attention here at UA. From being attacked several times, to just being considered better than us, all the attention is on class 1-A, everyone expects you to win—"

"That's because we're the fucking class A."

"Kacchan, shush. I think I get where he's going with this." Midoriya nodded at Monoma to keep going.

"Everyone is always so focused on 1-A, that they forget class 1-B is strong too. Or has everyone forgotten that Kirishima and Tetsutetsu were evenly matched at the sports festival? Or how Shinsou, who was from class 1-C at the time, almost beat Midoriya and did beat Ojiro? Most people have. Because you're class 1-A. No one else seems to matter in light of that. And I got frustrated with it. I shouldn't have taken that frustration out on your class though, I apologize for that."

"Thank you." Midoriya said. "It might take a while to forgive you, but thank you for apologizing and for explaining. I didn't realize how much class 1-B was pushed to the side."

Monoma nodded. "Thank you. I'll be around."

With that, Monoma left, leaving most of class 1-A rethinking how class 1-B is treated.

Midoriya and Bakugou were coming back from their daily training, both unusually quiet.

"He was fucking right, wasn't he." Bakugou said. "Class 1-B does get really fucking overshadowed a lot."

"They do. I just don't know if there's anything we could do to help besides trying to interact with them more."

Bakugou side eyed him. "I'm not giving up our training to get to know them."

Midoriya laughed. "I know! But maybe during in class training or at lunch we could try to be friendlier with them."

"I suppose we could do that." Bakugou grumbled.

Midoriya laughed, pulling him back to the dorms to study and cuddle. Bakugou let himself be dragged, smiling at Midoriya the whole time.

How does everyone feel about a ghost deku au? Ship: bakudeku; slow burn.