𝟎𝟓 - 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬

Time was ticking away as the castle choir was singing.

Nora kept a good eye on the clock, she needed ample time to pass by before someone could pick up her wedding veil to realize it wasn't you.

Once the castle choir was done, this was it.

That was the last thing stopping her from revealing herself.

She hadn't been looking scared in front of you, mainly because she didn't want you to hold back but now she was shaking, almost terrified of what was going to happen to her.

Quite quickly, she was pushed out of her trance as the wedding horns commenced.

Now she was walking down the aisle, courtesy of Y/N's father.

You could only count on your fingers the amount of times you'd seen your father.

He was always out and about fulfilling his duties just like your mother, only today, it was a special occasion because they would marry you off and pass on their duties but in the grand scheme of things, you never felt like their daughter but more like a pawn in their game.

"My dear daughter Y/N, you have been good", Your father said supposing it was you under the veil but it was actually Nora, who slightly and nervously nodded to the compliment.

Soon the walking stopped, Nora had a hard time telling since she was looking down the whole time, another extra attempt to conceal herself.

She felt a man take her hand as this was her cue to get up to the podium.

Now her two sweaty hands lay in the hands of the Prince of Adikos, the man you were supposed to get married to.

And just like that, it was time.

Little by little, his hands reached the veil, Nora squeezed her eyes shut.

The veil was finally off because she heard the several gasps let out in the room, some mumbling to each other and others out of words and expressions to convey the horror like your parents.

"What is this nonsense!", the prince let out.

"T-This isn't princess Y/N", he directed his words to your father who came rushing to the middle.

The whole place was in an uproar.

"I-Im sure there has been some sort of misunderstanding, tell me dear, where is Y/N?", he said sternly to Nora.

"I-I don't know, I was forced into this situation", Nora was pretending to be innocent which was all part of the plan of course.

The guards began to search the whole castle only to turn out empty handed.

"She's gone, the princess is missing!", The guard explained as the whole hall was panicking even more now.

"How dare she! Where could she have possibly gone", the prince stomped.

"We'll find her, we'll send everything we have", your father re assured.

"B-but what if she ran off to the forbidden forest?", Nora interrupted because that was exactly where you were and the one place the guards would never go to look for you.

"Then I'll go find the princess myself", The prince gritted his teeth.

He hated when people stood him up, especially today, marrying you would make him King which he had waited a whole heck of a time for only for you to go and interrupt that.