𝟏𝟑 - 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲'𝐬 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞

After chit chatting with the boys for awhile, you felt awfully tired and cold and it wasn't just from your very wet clothes. Namjoon had even given you some change of clothes that Jungkook had told him to be made for you which had your heart twisting in funny motions.

You let your wet hair loose as you sat on your bed. Despite still using a cracked piece of glass as a mirror, this room had still given you more freedom than any fancy chandelier rooms back at the castle. Especially after today, going into the water, being with Jungkook, it brought you a sense of freedom you had never felt before.

"Y/N...is it?", you flinched upon hearing someone enter the room.

It was a girl with long black straight hair, she looked around your age, her lips plump red. You had seen her several times around the village no doubt like you had seen many people. You knew them by face but not by name.

"Yeah, I'm Y/N and you are...?", You were now looking behind her to see which of the boys had let her in.

"I'm Sheila!", she waved passing you a huge grimace.

"Hi umm do you need something?", you asked.

"No actually, I came to give you a visit, you are the princess after all, it's soo exciting to finally meet you", she said in an oddly high pitched voice.

"Nice to meet you too", you smiled. Maybe you would even befriend a girl here.

"I hope you're liking your stay so far, I mean of course you'll probably want to leave soon, the forest isn't a good place for a human like you", there was some bitter undertone in the way she said that statement but you chose to ignore it.

"And that terrible incident with the bloodfeeder, it must have probably left you scarred", she innocently frowned eyeing your bandaged arm.

"Yeah I-", you were replying when you realized something. None of the boys had told anyone in the forest about how you got injured, they had never told them about the bloodfeeder.

"How did you know it was a bloodfeeder?", you gulped.

You saw as her eyes momentarily widend sending her laughing nervously.

"It was just a guess really", she shrugged it off but you knew it was not a guess. It couldn't possibly be.

"Who are you really?", you tried to sound intimidating.

"You told the bloodfeeder about me, didn't you?", All the puzzles were falling into place.

Instead of denying your accusations, her face fell into a smirk.

"And if I did?", she challenged.

"Why would you do that?", you were slightly feeling uneasy. If she had called for the attack on you, what other lenghts would she go to hurt you.

Before you could say anything, with one intense movement, Sheila had clawed your leggings, tearing the piece of fabric in its path and leaving a line of blood seeping making you wince.

"You are treading on very thin ice", she hissed, her kind facade thrown out for a devilish one.

"Stay away from Jungkook and leave in a week, I'm warning you or else I won't hesitate planning another attack on you", She whispered the last part.

No words seemed to come out of your mouth as momentarily you were speechless in the worst way possible.

"Good talk and do make sure this conversation stays between us", she gave you one last glare before she went and left.

You also had tears in your eyes that you had been resisting for this long, you didn't want to cry in-front of Sheila, she would have deemed you that much weak.

She had uttered a simple request, "Stay away from Jungkook" although your heart-ached thinking about it.

This had to be done regardless, you were supposed to leave or you were putting everyone else's life in danger too, you could only wonder what Sheila would bring upon the village. This was the least you can do to pay back for their hospitality.

Just when you thought this night was over, Jungkook came barging into your room. You could really use a lock you thought as people seemed to be entering and exiting your room at any given moment!

There was sudden shift in his demeanour, his face was pale and his fists were clenched against his side.

"Jungko-"

"What happened?", he cuts you off.

Why does it always feel like he is one step ahead of you, did he see Sheila leave the room? is he guessing something happened from your tear stained face?

You replay the words of Sheila that you have taken very seriously, I can't let Jungkook know anything about this.

"Y/N! I'm talking to you", his voice softened when he made eye contact with your tear stained face.

"W-what do you mean, I'm fine", you wipe any remaining sadness off your face to indicate that.

He comes closer to you, kneeling below you and as if he felt it, as if your body was his own and he had gone through the exact pain and wound as your own, his hand traced the exact line of Sheila's wrath that had formed on your leg and had momentarily stopped bleeding while keeping his eyes trained on your face.

You hissed when he touched your new wound, you realized you were getting them a lot more often now...like all the damn time!

He mumbled a sorry for the pain and shifted slightly back. Your eyes remained on your injury as you bit your lip. You cannot dare to face him, to look into his eyes because they have a way of prying the truth out of you, you had noticed that first when he had carried you back to the village after you nearly fell to your death at the fall, you realized his eyes were no match for any secrets that you were to hide, you were an open book and he was the reader.

"Who did this to you?", he whispered as he lifted your chin slightly so you could meet his gaze. The one thing you didn't want to do in the first place.

You wondered if he knew and he was just testing you to see if you would come clean. You wondered why he cared or how exactly had he known you had a new wound and had come barging into the room.

"I-", Before you could say or explain anything, a loud knock was heard on the door making you flinch.

"They're here, they came back!", it was Jin and it looked like he was running out of breath.

"Who is they?", you asked Jungkook as his face lost colour once more. You had never seen fear in Jungkook's eyes like this before.

"Don't worry about it okay, stay right here", Jungkook told you before he left the room.

You had a choice here, follow Jungkook's command and stay back or like the new found freedom you had, follow your heart.

You didn't want anyone to be in danger because of you, you had listened to enough commands back at your castle, you were a captive of your destiny then, a princess with no say in her life but now you were going to make your own life carried out by your own decisions and so with that, you went to see the commotion outside....despite Jungkook telling you not to...unaware of the consequences that would follow next.

-----------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed! ❤️✨