ginger

+*..*+

your eyes immediately scanned the area for kageyama as you entered the skate park. since it was the start of a new weekend, the park was much busier than usual. and of course, that made finding kageyama way more difficult.

you felt like you were playing a game of 'where's waldo', except with a boy named kageyama tobio—a dark haired boy who didn't exactly stand out much amongst a large group of people. why did kageyama have to be so normal? you let out a defeated sigh.

your eyes eventually landed on a short ginger kid that stood in the middle of the park. he held a bright, neon skateboard that made him stick out even more than he already did. he seemed familiar.

luckily for you, standing next to him was none other than kageyama, the person you were looking for this entire time. was that boy the friend he mentioned? slowly but surely, you approached them.

"hey."

"oh, there she is." kageyama turned to look at you, in which the ginger did the same. a bright smile immediately took over his face as he greeted you.

"oh my gosh, hello. i thought kageyama was kidding when he said he had a girlfriend!" the boy said loudly with enthusiasm, making a couple strangers turn around and stare. your face heated up in embarrassment.

"i didn't say that, you fucking dumbass." kageyama felt the same embarrassment as you, the soft blush that scattered across his face there to prove it.

"i'm hinata shoyo! you can call me hinata, or shoyo. doesn't matter." hinata introduced himself excitedly, completely ignoring kageyama's mean remark about him. maybe he was used to it.

"oh. i'm oikawa—oikawa y/n." you said in a much calmer tone, which brought hinata's hyperactive behavior to a halt. he looked up at you, a concentrated look on his face as he seemed to be examining your features more thoroughly than before.

"oikawa? as in, tooru oikawa's sister?"

are you serious? this again?

"yeah. thats me." you replied nonchalantly, placing your skateboard down on the floor. you hated when people brought up tooru's name whenever you introduced yourself.

it made you feel like tooru was the king, and that you were just the background character in his life. nobody knew you, and when they did, it was only because you were his little sister.

hinata gulped, glancing over at kageyama with a hesitant expression on his face. kageyama practically rolled his eyes at him.

"what's wrong with you?"

"what's wrong with me? what's wrong with you?!" hinata exclaimed with his high-pitched voice. "you're the one hanging out with oikawa-san's sister when he's like, our number one rival right now! what if she's using you to spy on us!"

"er- it's really not like that." you replied to hinata with a hesitant tone in your voice. "i might be tooru's sister, but i have no bad intentions, seriously. he doesn't even know we hangout!"

you saw kageyama smile slightly from the corner of your eye. that was probably the first time you've ever defended yourself in a situation like that, and you could tell that he noticed it.

"yeah. and i'm sure oikawa would be pissed off if he ever found out, too." kageyama added onto your sentence, reaching his arm out to ruffle hinata's orange hair. "don't be such an ass. she's actually pretty nice."

hinata relaxed his tense shoulders with kageyama's reassuring words.

"fine then, i guess. but if you end up being a seijoh spy, ill kill you!"

***

you finally learned how to do it.

you felt one with the wind as you drifted on your skateboard, and the breeze that blew past you made you feel at ease. you used your foot to push back once more.

it was all so easy now.

just a few minutes ago, kageyama had taught you how to stop the skateboard. you were uncertain about it at first, but you eventually decided to try it out for yourself.

as you were about to hit the gate, you took your foot off the board and placed it firmly onto the ground, completely stopping the movement.

you stepped off the board effortlessly with no injuries whatsoever.

"you did it! first try!" kageyama yelled out as he rushed over to you. you had a big smile scattered across your face as he raised his hand to high-five you.

you accepted it, proudly reaching over to slap your hand against his. it created a 'pop' noise that echoed throughout the whole park.

"y/n! that was so cool!" hinata yelled excitedly as he sped over to you in a flash. "you were so quick, like a cheetah!"

"yeah, y/n. you've really improved so much." kageyama looked down at you, a serious connotation in his voice.

"thanks guys, really." you smiled brightly at the two of them, completely overjoyed.

"no, seriously. you're the best." kageyama placed a hand on your shoulder, which caught you off guard. "i know it."

you didn't understand what he meant, but you gave him a nod in response.

+*..*+