karasuno

+*..*+

"he loves me?!"

"well, he didn't say that. but the way he talked about you—he hinted it!"

"shut up, tooru!"

***

friday afternoon was coming to an end quicker than expected and the weekend was vast approaching. you sat in the corner of aoba johsai's gym, your crutches resting neatly beside you as you focused your gaze on the bright screen illuminating on your lap—your phone. your brother's volleyball practice was ending soon, that fact was given as tooru approached you, sweat trickling down his forehead with a volleyball tucked under his arm, "we just finished. let me help you up."

you gave the brunette a simple nod as you accepted the hand he extended out to you, standing yourself up from the ground. tooru grabbed your crutches from off the floor and handed them over, "wait for me by the door. i need to get my bag from the locker room."

"alright."

and with that small interaction, tooru disappeared with the rest of his team, and you began making your way over to the exit on the other side of the gym.

after the events of yesterday, every conflict was essentially settled. you and tooru were pretty much back on good terms, and the two boys were finally at peace. you didn't have to worry about anything anymore, and the relief you felt with the whole situation being resolved made everything seem like a dream; everything was going just how you wanted it to. it all would've been perfect if it weren't for your broken leg, but you'd admit, all the pain was worth it for all the conflicts to be solved in the end.

broken bones were temporary, after all.

you leaned your back against the wall next to the door, taking pressure off your single leg that grew tired from all the walking. and after a couple minutes in the position, tooru walked out of the locker room with his volleyball bag hanging from his shoulder, his teammates following his lead from
behind,

"have a good night, everyone. ill see you guys on monday, yeah?"

"bye, oikawa!"

after speaking to his team, tooru focused his glance over at you, "ready?"

"yeah."

tooru used his weight to push the door open, holding it open for you as you walked out, the sound of your crutches hitting the floor getting a chuckle out of him,

"you're gonna be like that for awhile, aren't you?"

"if you don't shut up, you'll be next."

"oh god," tooru exited after you with a cheeky smile on his face, "coach would be pissed. no thanks."

you laughed with his words as the two of you began heading over to his car. he walked beside you, slowing down his stride in order to keep up with your slower pace,

"how'd you even end up like that, anyways?"

"a rock." you explained poorly, "i went skating and fell."

"with red head and tobio, right?" tooru questioned as the two of you approached the car, opening the door for you to get in,