boba

+*..*+
11:25 am, saturday.

"wake up sleepyheads! wake up!"

hinata chanted with his high-pitched voice as he shook you and kageyama vigorously, all in attempt to wake the two of you up from your never ending slumber.

kageyama groaned, obviously annoyed by the ginger's actions.

"shut up and leave us alone."

hinata continued despite kageyama's pleads against it. "wake up, guys! wake up wake up wake up wake up..."

in the end, you finally sat up, not being able to handle the sound of his annoying voice yapping into your ears any longer.

"okay, okay, we're awake! tobio, get up."

and with your words, the ravenette eventually sat up as well. he reached up to rub his tired eyes while you let out a yawn.

"geez, it was so boring without you guys. why'd you wake up so late?!" hinata stood up from off the hard floor as he spoke, "you guys were up late without me, i bet you were!"

you glanced over at the dazed kageyama sitting close next to you, the sight of his messy hair and sleepy expression bringing a smile to your face.

hinata flopped onto his bed, face down. you took the chance to check your phone.

 you took the chance to check your phone

tooru 😐:
hello sister. are you having fun at ayaka's house? ☺️💖

YOU:
yupp

tooru 😐:
that's good! 💓 let me know when to come pick u up!

YOU:
it's okay you don't have to worry about it

YOU:
pretty sure ayaka will just drop me off again

you scrunched your face as you typed a reply to tooru's messages.

you knew that this whole ayaka and maki lie you had set up was wrong, especially since tooru had trusted you with his whole being. but there was no turning back now, right? in the end, this was all to protect tooru from getting hurt, and so that you could actually have loyal friends for once. that was enough to justify it, right?

tooru 😐:
okayy. i miss u💖 ill see u soon!!

YOU:
alright ill ttyl

tooru 😐:
ttyl :)

you set your phone down.

"ayaka's house, huh?" you jumped slightly when you heard kageyama's deep voice speak to you from behind. you turned around to see the ravenette peeking from your shoulder.

"hey! you always do that!" you gave him a shove, "you know i can't tell him i'm at shoyo's house!"

kageyama chuckled softly at your reaction. "i know—i just think it's funny." he gave your shoulder a pat before standing up. "shoyo, what're we gonna do today?"

"i'm thirsty.." the orange haired boy replied, his voice muffled by his bed sheets. "can we go get boba, or something?"

"i guess. y/n, is that okay with you?" kageyama yawned softly as he walked over to the front of hinata's room, flipping the light switch on.

you nodded in response to his question.

"yeah, i'm down."

***

"thanks for paying, tobio!" hinata said almost teasingly as he took a sip of his mango flavored boba.

the powerpuff girls sat down at a table inside the boba shop. the shop appeared to be way more crowded than usual, most likely due to the fact that it was currently the weekend.

you glanced over at the ravenette who sat down next to you.

"yeah, thanks for paying." you smiled with your words, in which the boy nodded, "no problem."

you sipped the strawberry flavored boba you held in your hand.

"tobio, what flavor is that?!" hinata scrunched his face as he gestured over at kageyama's green drink. he gulped before replying.

"its kiwi. wanna try it?"

"mhm!"

kageyama passed his drink over to the ginger. he placed his mouth on the straw, taking a big gulp of his bestfriend's drink. and then another one, and another one...

"hey! i didn't say you could have that much!"

"it's okay, try mine!" hinata laughed softly, passing over his orange colored cup. kageyama took the drink eagerly, taking a sip of it through the straw. he cringed at the new taste.

"mine is better."

"no, its not!"

you couldn't help but smile at their bickering. you took another sip of your drink, shifting your glance over at the busy entrance.

...and you felt your heart drop at the sight of a person whom you recognized very well.

"iwa-chan! what flavor do you want?" tooru leaned his back up against the wall near the door; his gaze focused on his friend, iwaizumi, who stared at the menu.

you gulped nervously. what were the chances of you seeing your brother out in public while hanging out with your karasuno friends? how were you gonna get out of this situation alive?

out of instinct, you tapped tobio's shoulder.

"huh?" the ravenette glanced over at you, immediately noticing your anxious mannerisms. "what's wrong?"

you leaned closer to him, whispering something into his ear. his eyes widened as he listened to your words.

"hey! what're you guys talking about?!" hinata said with his regular loud and upbeat tone. kageyama quickly hushed him.

"shut up, shoyo! y/n's brother is here!"

+*..*+

authors note:
sorry for any mistakes i didn't get the chance to edit this chapter fully

thank u so mcuh for reading!!