minecraft

+*..*+

"he didn't even want to get out of bed this morning.. and that was weird, since he's usually the motivated one in our house!"

you ranted to kageyama via facetime call about the unusual actions of your brother. it was currently lunch hour at your school, and as per usual, you sat alone in the girl's bathroom with your phone angled down at your face. it had become routine at this point; kageyama would call you as soon as you got out of english class, and he'd stick with you until you had to go back.

the two of you discussed different topics everyday, and it was something you really looked forward to. but after the events of yesterday's volleyball game, it was obvious as to what the two of you would be talking about today—

"tooru didn't even eat his milkbread for breakfast, can you believe that? that's his favorite!"

you watched kageyama nod his head as you spoke, even though you couldn't guarantee that he had been paying attention to any word you had uttered so far. you appreciated his presence regardless.

"anyways, i'm sorry i keep bringing him up. how are you?"

"it's fine," kageyama ran a hand through his hair as he spoke, "i could be better, honestly. i just bombed an english exam."

"english?!" you blatantly snickered after hearing the boy's words, "for someone who's all about punctuation over text, that's really surprising to me!"

"aw, shut up." kageyama rolled his eyes with your comment, causing a bright smile to spring onto your face involuntary.

suddenly, the sound of the aoba johsai bell rang in your background, making you exhale in annoyance. you turned your head to take one last glance at kageyama.

"i have to go now, so ill see you tonight at the skate park, right?"

"actually, y/n. shoyo was talking about spending the night at his house again. if you're down."

you paused for a brief second before replying.

"okay then, ill see you there."
***

"you saw it, right y/n!? tobio went swoosh, and i went boosh, and then we scored the final point to win! it was so fun!" hinata cheered wholeheartedly as he unlocked the door to his house. you and kageyama stood close behind him with bags of personal belongings in hand.

"yeah, you guys did amazing." you glanced over at the ginger as you spoke. you never understood hinata's choice of words when it came to talking about volleyball, but you went along with it anyways.

swoosh and boosh?

eventually hinata swung the door open, allowing the three of you inside his home.

"should we order pizza? we should order pizza!" hinata grinned as he slipped off his shoes and placed them by the entrance, "y/n, can you load up a game?"

"mhm." you hummed softly in response as you followed his actions, slipping off your shoes and placing them next to the door. kageyama did the same.

"tobio, what game do you wanna play?" you questioned the ravenette as the two of you walked into hinata's living room and sat down on his soft carpet. kageyama simply shrugged,