hoodie

+*..*+

tooru's wholehearted laugh coming from the front of the boba shop did nothing but cause you even more anxiety. both hinata and kageyama looked over at you with empathetic eyes.

"well, what do we do now?" you finally asked the group, in which you received no answer. as expected—you let out a defeated sigh.

"...tobio. give y/n your hoodie!"

"huh, why?!" you said almost defensively with the ginger's words. kageyama sat back in silence, allowing the two of you to discuss the matter together.

"if you put the hood up over your face, it'll cover you up, am i right?" hinata said with a genuine connotation in his voice, "and then your brother won't see you!"

"but i'll look like an idiot! he'll notice that."

"your order will be out soon, gentlemen!" the voice of the nice lady spoke from behind the cash register as she handed over the receipt. both tooru and iwaizumi gave her a nod.

"well, do you have any other ideas, y/n?" hinata said almost mockingly, in which you finally obliged.

"okay. hand it over, tobio."

and with your words, the ravenette slipped his hoodie off, handing it over to you with one swift movement. you took it graciously, immediately putting it on backwards, like hinata had suggested.

almost instantly, kageyama's intoxicating scent filled your lungs, easily filling your stomach up with butterflies. i could get used to this feeling, you thought, as kageyama flipped the hood onto your head. it covered your whole entire visage and you weren't able to see anything.

chuckles came from the boys surrounding you.

"hey! you better not be laughing at me, fuck heads!" you spoke jokingly, your voice muffled by the fabric in front of you.

"we aren't, you just look really stupid like that." you could practically envision the smirk on kageyama's face as he teased you, "be quiet now, they're walking over."

you stayed silent, another wave of nervousness flowing over you as you processed the whole situation once more. tooru was really less than a 100 feet radius from you, and kageyama was right by your side. was this stupid idea actually enough to conceal your identity?

you felt your shoulders tense up and your hands ball into fists.

this is so nerve-wracking. i hate it.

and it was almost as if kageyama could sense your uneasiness—because he reached over to give your hand a soft squeeze that reassured you that everything would be okay. you eased your body and you trusted him.

***

"you can keep it, seriously y/n. it's cold." kageyama said in response to your pleads. you wore the ravenette's hoodie—properly now—as he walked you back to your house.

hinata had headed home by himself, so it was just the two of you walking now.

"if you insist." you scrunched your nose, glancing over at the boy with goosebumps from the cold weather. you had offered to give back his hoodie, multiple times, but he had declined every single time you asked.