04

Today was the day Isi had to say goodbye to her brothers

Today was the day Isi had to say goodbye to her brothers. She wasn't particularly looking forward to it, in fact she was dreading it. She had said goodbye to her brothers before, but never when she believed they wouldn't return.

She expected to wake up to Ivar, but instead she was woke by Ubbe and Sigurd. The brothers that decided to stay with her.

The trio walked down the cobblestone paths of village towards the dock. Where many boats were being filled with supplies for their journey. She noticed her brothers fur cloak from afar, one way to signify a Lothbrok sibling.

Walking down the wooden planks of the dock they were met with King Harald, and his brother Halfdan. Family friends and allies, who were joining Bjorn on his trip.

As always Harald was looking at Isi pretty strangely, as if she was a slave that her brothers had dreamt about fucking. He always made the Princess feel uncomfortable when he was around, mainly because he was old enough to be her father.

"King Harald, King Halfdan" Ubbe greeted, shaking their arms aggressively. Sigurd had always noticed the way Harald would eye up his sister, and he though it angered him, he knew Harald wouldn't dare touch her.

"Ubbe, Sigurd, Isi are you sure you wouldn't like to join us?" Harald asked in his scarce deep voice. His steel blue eyes remaining on the girl.

"We wish to stay in Kattegat, with our mother" Isi answered, her voice shy as she grew uncomfortable by the situation. "If you'll excuse us" she pushed past the two fully grown men and towards her brothers.

Bjorn and Hvitsirk were helping the crew load crates and shields into the boat. But stopped once they noticed their siblings walking towards them, the fur cloak a clear give away.

"Do you have to go?" Isi asked, throwing her self into Hvitsirks chest, engulfing him in a hug. He was her closest brother, the one that actually let her be free from time to time. She would probably miss him the most.

"I can't be cooped up in Kattegat my whole life Isi, besides you will have Ubbe, Sigurd and Ivar" Isi pulled away from his chest and looked up at him. Ivar clearly hadn't told them he was planning to leave with Ragnar.

"Just Ubbe and Sigurd actually." Hvitsirk furrowed his brows as Bjorn came up behind him. Intrigued about where his youngest was disappearing to. "Ivar is going to England with father"

"Of course he is" Bjorn scoffed, rolling his eyes. He was the only one that had spend the most time with Ragnar, suppose he was slightly jealous. But he was asked to go, and he refused.

Isi hugged both of her older brothers, praying to the gods that they would come back to her. She heard how horrible life could be on travels, most boats sunk before they would reach its destination. The sea could be a dangerous place.

Just as Isi turned to leave and say goodbye to Ivar, a hand gripped hold of hers, pulling her back. Her dark eyes trailed up the muscly arm to be met with Hvitsirk.

He stood there silently, staring at the girl with sad eyes. He released her hand and pulled out his small blade from inside his belt. It had been his favourite knife for years, the blade never got blunt.

Isi looked down at the knife, the engraved wooden handle, the shininess of the silver. She couldn't deny it was beautiful. He pushed it forward slightly, gesturing for her to take it. Which she eventually did.

"Take care of mother for me Isi" he whispered softly, pulling his sister in for one last hug. She dug her head into his chest, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. His hand patted her hair, before he kissed her head and pulled away.

He was the last to get into the boat, staring at his siblings as he sailed away. The sound of dragging caused her to turn around, she was yet to say goodbye to Ivar.

His sapphire eyes met with her dark ones, as he pulled himself onto a barrel. His expression the same as Hvitsirks, soft and sad. They had never left their sister before.

"Your next" she sniffed, walking over to him, pulling him into a hug. His toned arms wrapped around her tightly, making it harder for her to breath. But in this moment, she didn't dare complain.

Ubbe and Sigurd place a hand onto his shoulder, squeezing it harshly. They never communicated with words, yet somehow they had said goodbye. And for once Sigurd and Ivar weren't arguing, which brought a small wave of happiness to Isi.

"I shall miss you Ivar" she said pulling away from him. For once his face wasn't stern, his posture wasn't angry. Instead he seemed comforting, while he said goodbye.

"Don't go getting emotional on me" he chuckled slightly, patting her back. She was happy that he was finally getting to travel like he always wished. She just knew, his legs would cause him struggle.

Isi stood by Ubbe and Sigurd, watching as the boats sailed into the distance. Ragnar and Ivars boat, splitting from the others. Soon they became small, faint silhouettes, the sails flapping with the wind.

She prayed to the gods, that each of them had a safe journey. That they found what they searched for, that they were successful. And most of all, they were happy.