010

The camp was bursting with shouts and cheers of the intoxicated warriors

The camp was bursting with shouts and cheers of the intoxicated warriors. The light of the fire illuminating Isi's face a dull orange as she listened to her brothers discus their plan of attack. Even if she wasn't involved in the conversation.

She sat with a cup of mead in her hand, drinking it occasionally when the conversation got boring. It was only the first night of staying in England, she expected it to be more exciting.

"What do you think Isi?" Came Bjorn's voice, pulling the girl from her thoughts. All eyes were on her when she never replied, her cheeks burned up at the sudden embarrassment.

"W-what?" She stuttered searching for answers in her brothers faces. But to no avail.

"You come with us and you don't pay attention" Ivar said with a small laugh. Haralds deep chuckle sent a shiver through her body, his dark eyes scanning her body.

"Only half of us goes towards Aelle's army, he will think he stands a chance" Bjorn explained.

Isi stopped listening half way through the explanation, Haralds glares making her more and more uncomfortable. It was eyes she knew all too well, she had seen them on many of the men in Kattegat.

Drinking down the rest of the liquid in her golden cup, her face scrunching at the burning sensation. She quickly stood, grabbing the attention of her brothers, looking at her with furrowed brows.

"I'm sorry, I have to go" she stated shyly, immediately heading to the door.

The atmosphere from outside made her even worse, all the eyes scared her. That night still haunted her to this day, she cursed the man to a lifetime of misery. He fucked her life up completely.

She made her way through the darkness of the woods, not having a destination, just having to leave. To clear her mind. Put her past back behind her.

The branches and leaves snapped and crackled beneath her feet with each step. The sound was satisfying to her, slowly calming her nerves. She enjoyed the silence, the shouts of her camp getting fainter until they were nothing but a whisper.

She was too engrossed with the nature that she never noticed the dark figures approaching her from the shadows. Their arrow flew through the air, nipping her cheek as it passed. In a quick reflex, Isi pulled her sword from her belt and brought it out in front of her, completely unfazed by the dark blood dripping down her face.

She moved through the dirt with ease, as if she was doing some sort of dance routine. The blood of her victims coating her sword as it sliced open their flesh, tarring through the tissue within a matter of seconds.

She did not feel bad killing these men, in fact to enjoyed it. The feeling her their blood splashing her face, dripping down her forehead. Their last raspy breaths as they passed on to the next world.

As she was busy fighting intensely with a rather good swordsman. Isi never noticed the last of the men running towards her, his sword in hand ready to end her life then and there.

Once Isi had taken the life of yet another man, an axe flew passed her face. Only inches away, followed by a loud thud as a body fell to the ground behind her. Her dark eyes searched the shadows for her savour.

"Thanks" she sighed as her eyes met with the sapphires of her older brother. The chariot that Floki had build was a small giveaway to know that it was Ivar.

"Must I save your arse all the time" he chuckled, pulling her upon the chariot with him. "Since your already in trouble your coming with me"

"And where exactly are we going brother" Isi asked with a small laugh at his previous comment. She was glad he came when he did, finding her dead body would not have been pleasant.

She could already picture it. A large massacre, burning down the towns and villages in the whole of England. They had lost their father and most lost their mother, the last thing they needed was to lose Isi. After all, she was the only one holding this family together.

She stood beside Ivar as they rode through the woods. She enjoyed spending time with him, they were never as close as her and Hvitsirk. No one really could be as close as those two. But Ivar was the only brother she could have real fun with.

He took her to stake out King Aella's camp, find weaknesses that they could use against them. Thanks to one of the survivors, they now knew where their camp was. Isi was surprised the man even made it back, he was practically bleeding out from the nasty cut she gave him.

"Hey Ivar" Isi called from beside him to grab his attention.

"What?" He asked in his normal, evil tone. Though she could tell by his eyes he never intended it to come out that way.

"How did you know where to find me?"

He let out a low chuckle before answering. "You have a piece of all of us in you sister. Your rebellious side comes from me, I happened to know you would go getting yourself into trouble"

He was right, she was like all of them. Rebellious like Ivar, Courageous like Bjorn, Kind like Ubbe, Trustworthy like Hvitsirk, honest like Sigurd. She was a hybrid of them all. But she had her own weaknesses, ones she never shared with anyone.

In the world you never know who may betray you. She couldn't even trust her own brothers