06

Isi lived in the small hut for days, alone

Isi lived in the small hut for days, alone. Nothing but her self conscious to keep her company. The night the man attacked her, haunted her dreams. Causing her to wake up in cold sweats.

She wished her brothers were there to comfort her, but that could not be. They would treat her like a child if they knew why she ran.

Isi grew up with Lagertha, watched her train the newest shield maidens. She was the best shield maiden there ever was, and Isi knew that she could help her become one.

She trained days on end, fighting the demons in her mind. Training her self with Lagertha's methods, her self confidence. Her power.

She did not need her brothers protection anymore. The days she spent alone in the hut, taught her to become herself. Become Isi, the daughter of Ragnar Lothbrok.

She prepared herself for another day of training, her hair tightly braided, black leather gloves and a new cloak. Black and lose, a hood now attached. She was a new woman.

As she walked out of the hut, she came face to face with a hooded man. Standing, silently, watching her. She furrowed her brows, the man didn't look familiar at all.

Large black ravens circled above the strange man, their calls painfully ringing in the girls ears. Isi squinted her eyes to get a better look at the man, he seemed old, yet not as old as he looked. His face was covered in faint tattoos on one side, and a large dark whole replaced his eye. He was rather terrifying.

"Isi" he spoke suddenly, his dark raspy voice echoing through the girls ears. She didn't know whether to fight him, or listen to him.

"Your father is dead" tears flooded into her eyes, his words replaying in her head. She may not have known him like our her brothers, but he was her father none the less.

The man disappeared as soon as he arrived, leaving the Princess to suffer alone. Standing upon the hill, her tears blurred her eyesight, making the view become only colours.

Ragnar Lothbrok was the greatest Viking there ever lived. How could he die so quickly. And after Isi had only met him once, one time. It broke her heart in two, but lately she chose not to show her emotions.

It made her look weak. And she was far from weak anymore.